Sign in to follow this  
kelv

RE: CMOY hp amp

Hi everyone,

i am a rookie when it comes to headphones amplifiers, especially portable ones as i have not used these before. Therefore, i was thinking of getting a mint CMOY from JMT audio. Hopefully, with this post i can probably get some idea as to how it would perform when used in conjunction with a pcdp as compared to a regular home av amp? Also are there any other ppl out there who might know how it compares to a fixup XIN SuperMicro? Please comment if u have the experience!

I am currently using an old senn hd250mk1 at home but i hope to use it with my pcdp if i can get a proper portable amp.

Thank you

I would suggest you getting MINT META instead, more value for $$. As to how it will compare with regular home AV amp, I recall reading somewhere AV amps are not really tuned for headphone usage, so a headphone amp like the MINT META should be better not to mention portability.

Oops sorry it was a Mint META to begin with, sorry 4 the confusion.

Anyways, what and how is the difference btwn a Mint COMY and a Mint Meta?

Please advise...

The CMOY is a very basic amp, you can actually make one yourself if are handy with a soldering iron, parts are readily available in Singapore. (Its not a bad amp too) The Meta is a much better amp, one of the most value for money amp you can find.

I would certainly like to try my hands wit one,any experience with building kenshinz?

pls pm me i would like to know more about the parts availability back home. I'm overseas right now and will be returning in a weeks time

should ask CMoy/DIY amps Factory => tropicalrips

Now he's a 'F1' builder. tongue.giftongue.gif

Yup. The amp looks good without a cover....

couldn't agree more... biggrin.gif me getting 1 cmoy from him... but plan to make 1 myself too in the near future... biggrin.gif me engineering student so sld not haf too much problem with soldering and stuff... tongue.gif

Yup. The amp looks good without a cover....

couldn't agree more... biggrin.gif me getting 1 cmoy from him... but plan to make 1 myself too in the near future... biggrin.gif me engineering student so sld not haf too much problem with soldering and stuff... tongue.gif

spoke to him earlier. Nice fella. He was really helpful in explainin the diff between a AMOY and a META... Looks like i probably won't be purchasing from JMT anytime soon.

Before you start on your CMOY quest, visit Tangent's Site for some required reading, and do read through the DIY Cmoy thread on the forum, its something like a log of tropicalrips and my effort at making our own CMOY (thot I didn't really managed to get mine working perfectly, it was a wonderful learning experience tongue.gif )