Sign in to follow this  
tropicalrips

Philips HP1000

saw this in SLS today, Philips HP1000, it looks and feels good, well contructed with detatchable input cable, didn't hav time to try it, maybe a few days later i can get to test it on my new amp smile.gif

user posted image

wahhaah ... look like the beyer DT 250 ..man i mean the casing .. for teh middle where the bend was gripping ... !! the looks kinda SOSO ... but the is seem very solid ! laugh.gifhappy.gif

it does feel very solid, i like the steel head-band, the cushions also feels very comfortable, the detachable cable looks like a Senn copy smile.gif

the best thing is probably the packing, it has a box thats cut-out with the shape of the phones and covered in velvet, kind of like a coffin lol.gif

the whole package looks like some expensive stuff from Japan, very classy yes.gif

does it comes with a stand?

if it does and does sound good...i might just forsake getting 890

it doesn't come with the stand, but it has a very nice box smile.gif

i think the sound should be as good if not better then the 890

rated (on the box) 32ohms 4-40,000 kHz forgot what is the power handling like

Oic ... well hope we can have it during the coming meet ! laugh.gifhappy.gif

Anyone has any updates on this? By headphone standards and release speed, this is relatively new I guess. Have been searching for information on the web for this without much success.

Answering my own question. Tried it when I went down yesterday. I didn't hear it too much as I was keener on the Beyer 431. I heard it for a very short while only. But honestly, the build is good but too heavy for me. Feels uncomfortable on the head. The layering of the sound is not too good. Instrument seperation is not quite there too. Can't remember much of the rest, except that the music passage sounds very busy.