Sign in to follow this  
tropicalrips

Project NAC amp

That's a cmoy. rolleyes.gif

So? wacko.gif

the input jack is on the side like the Headsave

the drawing i posted was the only one i can find that claims to be an RA-1 clone that was on head-fi, since no one can confirm if it is a clone or not , i went ahead and build it to see how it sounds smile.gif

so i'm not sure what i actually build tongue.gif Cmoy or Ra-1 clone...anyway it sound more relax and detailed then the Cmoy using the same op-amp

i also found that the distortion i got when i tried law-faking with the volume pot was due to my PCDP's line out, it was ok when i tried it again with the line-out of a CD-rom drive & my DVD player, but still very little sweep from the pot, think that should be the pot itself

post-2-1073054944.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

the drawing i posted was the only one i can find that claims to be an RA-1 clone that was on head-fi, since no one can confirm if it is a clone or not , i went ahead and build it to see how it sounds smile.gif

The schematic is almost correct (Rubin didn't read the values properly) but what you've built is a cmoy, not an RA-1 clone nor mild mutant of.

Edited by Firefox

It's a amp from Grado.

Grado RA1.

the clone is called.... RA1 clone... tongue.gif

Gottta check with the DIYers here.

Out of my league.

I'm a failed DIYer. Screwed up my first project.no.gif

Maybe u can send Rameish a PM he have a RA1 clone in a very nice case. wub.gif

so what are the values then?

Do take a look at the picture of the circuit board on Rubin's site. Read the resistor colour bands & you'll know.

The one that's not revealed in the picture is the bypass capacitor. It's supposed to be 0.12uF.

one of the resistor is 464k & not 470k

but he has already spoted this, its not a standard value so it was replace with a 470k resistor

i hav change the tread to project NAC since the values on this amp is not "IDENTICAL" to the RA-1 , will no longer claim it to be a "clone RA-1" amp until someone can say for sure what are the exect values and components in the RA-1 amp.

Edited by tropicalrips

The Solens should be 5.1 uf.

There should be elect caps.

Needs 2 not one 9 volt batteries

uses NJM4556 op amp

one of the resistor is 464k & not 470k

but he has already spoted this, its not a standard value so it was replace with a 470k resistor

i hav change the tread to project NAC since the values on this amp is not "IDENTICAL" to the RA-1 , will no longer claim it to be a "clone RA-1" amp until someone can say for sure what are the exect values and components in the RA-1 amp.

The resistor values being a little off is not too critical to whether the amp is a clone. But adding other components lik electrolytic caps & other film caps obviously turns the amp into a cmoy, like it or not...

NACA ver 2.0 completed

moved to another tread

Edited by tropicalrips