Sign in to follow this  
tropicalrips

Project NAC amp

going to try this amp, but not sure if the drawing is correct, anyone can confirm? mellow.gif

it looks almost indentical to a Cmoy except for a few resistors, maybe i can just convert 1 of my Cmoy to a clone RA-1 smile.gif

post-2-1072963721.gif

Edited by tropicalrips

Maybe after you try this you should try the NAF NAF config? biggrin.gif

what is a NAF NAF config? is it just in a NAF NAF tin? unsure.gif

Try PMing Rameish/Firefox, it was their project. It was designed based on the RA-1 clone with some modified components.

Obviously it earned the NAF-NAF tag because of the enclosure. I prefer to call it the little French child knicker box... ask Rameish only he knows what I mean! LOL!

done this amp, listening to it right now.

actually its a converted cmoy, following the drawing above, not sure what i actually build smile.gif

anyone knows if the drawing above is a clone RA-1?

i added 2 * 0.22uf on the power rails , that helped to make the LM chips work on this board, power caps are Elna 25v 1000uF, resistor values are the same as drawing above. didn't hav the 5uF caps for signal coupling, used 0.47uF instead.

sounds similar to my Cmoy, maybe less noise, but still theres hissing with low impedance headphones, ok with the porta-pro & sporta-pro, a more relax sound , not as bloomy as the Cmoy

my experiences told me that Rf &R1 should be large.like those in original RA-1 amp, few hunders ohm range. i have tried using 10k and 2k2, it works too, but not quite stable.

should be no hissing.

pls try 5uF Solen caps, it sounds good, but its huge. tongue.gif ,prepare to convert your F1 car into flying cars, "with extra jet engine besides".

pls try 5uF Solen caps, it sounds good, but its huge.

Howabout not having a 5uF cap in the diagram altogether? Wouldn't it bring about more details? The cap seems insignificant to me except to colour to sound. But hey, what do i know!? smile.gif

pls try 5uF Solen caps, it sounds good, but its huge.

Howabout not having a 5uF cap in the diagram altogether? Wouldn't it bring about more details? The cap seems insignificant to me except to colour to sound. But hey, what do i know!? smile.gif

I'm with you.. No cap is best. But the user has to make doubly sure there's no DC offset at his source.

anyone knows which op-amp will be better for this amp?

post-2-1073051394.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

Wooh!!! Can't wait to hear that baby!

tried both the opa2134 , LM833 & NJM4556 , i think the NJM4556 sounds the best on this, the lm833 oscillates on this board, i suspect its the high input values of the solen caps that causing the in-balance, cause the LM chip works in my converted Cmoy with out a rail-spilter

post-2-1073052999.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

the clone in its case smile.gif

layout of the case was inspired by AV98m 's Headsave Pimeta wub.gif

post-2-1073053584.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips