Sign in to follow this  
kenshinz

Alessandro Music Series

Hi, does anyone have any experience with these pair of Grado-made headphones, especially the MS1 ? Are they being sold in Singapore ? Read from Head-fi that the MS1 is sort of like a hybrid between the SR80 and the SR125. I think I've been bitten by the upgrade bug to upgrade from the SR60 biggrin.gif

i suggest getting a better pair of phones like maybe the MS2 or grado 225 and up if you like grados. upgrading from sr60 to something like MS1 is probably a small upgrade and the benefits are small. Why not go higher up and have less upgrades?

As for amping it, i think an amp for sr60s won't provide much improvements. But if you decide to get better grados and an amp in the future, maybe you can look into a clone RA1 as an option. I'm sure other people here can tell you of their synergy together although i haven't heard it myself. btw, i have grado 225 on loan now. Great rock and very musical phones!! made me change my mind about grados.

Yeah I've heard the RA-1 clone, its a solid amp good synergy with my sr60 too. Anyway was just asking round about the Alessandro series.. would love to hear how the sr225 sounds too, hopefully could get a chance to test them during the meet.