Sign in to follow this  
Musica

PX100 over the 200s

My point is, is it more important to have better sound, or is it more important to protect your hearing so you can have more enjoyment at home, and not to forget, the rest of your life. With hearing damage, there would not be any audio enjoyment to speak of.

My 2 cents.

Open vs Closed. Hmm...generally speaking open designs offer better imaging IF all other things remain the same. Ie same transducer (driver unit) and similar housing. A moot case in point was/is the Beyer DT-931 (open) and DT-831 (closed). Obviously they had slightly different cup designs. This is because, among several things, the sound does not reverb in the camber as much and as such the designer has it easier with things like bass control. However if the transducer in a coled headphone is designed to be a bit bass shy then the problem seems to be solved. As in the case of the DT-150. I would never call the DT-150 boomy. It is very good and better many an open design IMO of course.

Back to the PX-100 vs PX-200 issue IMO the PX-100 is better but is almost useless as a true portable. Cranking up the volume is a very dangerous way to solve this issue. If you really want one headphone/earphone that almost does it all (ie for home and portable use), try the Ety 4P. But it's drawback is not everyone finds them comfortable and it's expensive :-)

The PX-200 is a good yet cheap headphone that offers some isolation.

that's where i got my cans from sad2.gif when i went there yesterday the guy said he hasn't any px for trials, but when i went there with my friends today, another guy allowed me to test it out. cmk- i'm mostly on the move... actually always! but i do use it at home from time to time. i usually listen to rock. px200's response good? thanks mackie- think i'll sell my px100 off and go for the 200s. smile.gif oh well...

edit- yes it's quite ex. heh thanks ram & lekguan. smile.gif

Edited by Musica

If you are going for the meet, you can listen to it yourself and decide.

Yes, the PX200 response is good.

i'm getting the closed px200 for my mobile use.

for open cans, most likely i'll try selling off px100 (or giving it to my friend) and then getting the sr-80s, but i'll audition 'em at the meet. smile.gif

oh ya, how much does a good jack extender cost? any brand/model worth mentioning?

Since U're on the move so much, perhaps U could drop by SLS/SLT and search for a jack extender....whatever that is. tongue.gif

Edited by Mackie

oh ya, how much does a good jack extender cost? any brand/model worth mentioning?

Hung Bros has 2 types, one with a vol control and another with a spring loaded retractor. Get the one with the vol control, the retractable one is not lasting.

mackie: it's an extension cord? haha... laugh.gif

cmk: i already have 1 which i got for ard 10 bucks. i'm not sure if the hung bros' jack extender's quality surpasses this?

gahman: you're welcome happy.gif

edit:

i've purchased the px200 from the generous hungs who gave me a $5 d/c for patronizing them everyday for the past 3 days. tongue.gif the mx500 is a great pair of earphones which should be included with every portable source! haha... the px100 sounds good but because it's open, it's not really a true portable (like what rameish said). if you're always on the move, go for the closed px200, which isolates pretty decently. guess i'm gonna burn the mx500 and px100 for the next few days/weeks, until someone wants the latter. tongue.gif

thanks everyone! headphone.gif

Edited by Musica