Sign in to follow this  
yongchris

Need a pricecheck for AKG 240s

Hi.

My friend's got a pair of 240s, and I was thinking of buying them over from him.

It's in decent condition, plugs have oxidised, but I cleaned them for him when he lent them to me. I don't want to insult him by offering too low a price but I don't want to pay too much as well. The problem is, he can't remember how much he paid for them (they are pretty old). It is actually the 50th anniversary edition, and I can't find the price for it either. The boxes are all gone, so I can't find out if it is the S or M model, hence I dunno the impedence either.

Can anyone help? Thanks so much.

Chris.

Try calling Asia Sound (you can get the number thru the online yellowpages). They are the distributor for AKG products.

Edited by Northern Oak

Nonetheless Chris, leap in technology has improved contemporary cans by leaps and bounds over those in the 80s and early 90s. In the era when Stax rules supreme (my era in the 80s), the fight is definitely much closer in the current days, value-for-money factor aside.

Whatever the price U consider to pay for your pal"s AKG240, research further what the same money can buy and if the quality of current models are duly worser.

Edited by Mackie