Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

another long review

Thanks for your interesting comments Mackieand Northern Oak. I am also trying to run-in the new DT880 which i've just brougt it home, i like its comfort design and the aluminium box is gorgeous ! Hope to reach sonic nirvana soon !! wink.gif

tee: did you get your dt880 before my power buy?

Hi Mackie,

yes, i got the beyers thru' a friend that managed to buy it at old price. But i was travelling and hence didn't have time to collect it and run in till now.

Also, a friend of mine is planning for a short trip to Tokyo in June to scout for the R10 and EMP (ocean-blue) that EMP is a perfect fit for R10. Do you have any idea of whereabout (shopnames) could these 2 rare gems be found (in Akihabara).

Meanwhile, i m trying to see if i could get hold of the G&W T-2A headamp from Beijing (via courier of course!). More hi-end gears at entry-level prices are available nowadays in China (even Mark Levinson sourced his OEMs and OEDs there). wink.gif

Hi Mackie,

yes, i got the beyers thru' a friend that managed to buy it at old price. But i was travelling and hence didn't have time to collect it and run in till now.

Also, a friend of mine is planning for a short trip to Tokyo in June to scout for the R10 and EMP (ocean-blue) that EMP is a perfect fit for R10. Do you have any idea of whereabout (shopnames) could these 2 rare gems be found (in Akihabara).

Meanwhile, i m trying to see if i could get hold of the G&W T-2A headamp from Beijing (via courier of course!). More hi-end gears at entry-level prices are available nowadays in China (even Mark Levinson sourced his OEMs and OEDs there).  wink.gif

I don't know about the specific shops but all electronic goods are housed inside a tall building and your pal can scout at every shop to your delight. It shouldn't be an uphill task.

There's also another building where watches are the main focus. Check it out!

While he's at it, remember to shop at UNIQLO just around the vincity, cool fashion at Giodano prices!

Agree, major cities in China are hifi cities man!

Edited by Mackie

Thanks Mackie. Will have them checked out !!

Logging into Chinese websites soon...... wink.gif