Sign in to follow this  
Absolute0

Marantz CD-63 KI

I am thinking of upgrading my source, and happened to stumble across this CDP in the classifieds, so just wondering if anyone of you have any opinions/ impressions to share. Also feel free to suggest other sources which you consider to be superior at the same price point, or PM me if you have anything decent for

Thanks! happy.gif

Nothing really worth mentioning, a Sony D-5 vintage discman, and a mediocre DVD player.

i never heard it but it was highly reccomended from reviews(both reviewers/consumers) i see online.

Was hunting for this but it came after i bought the CD5000.I think one guy in this forums is using them.

Correct me if i'm wrong

Hi wink.gif

IMO, this is a good CDP. it has a warm sound with no harshness (except if your CD recording is harsh in the first place), the highs are just nice for me, the bass is good.. sort of like "rounded".. not really tight and punchy.

it will sound even better with some blue 'tac's inside the chassis.

all are IMO of course. wink.gif

it's placed at the red and blue circles

red circle: not too much. around the size of a 20 cent coin

the sound is more focus after placing them but somehow i feel that the highs are quite rolled off. maybe i put too much. hehe

post-2-1074360302.jpg

Thank you sir. I'll give it a try. Just one more thing, the volume is always default to max, is there a risk of frying my Philips 890 if I accidently play before lowering the volume? I connect the headphone directly to the CDP. tongue.gif

try to lower down the volume to the max before u plug in and plug out your jack to the player...it's safer...sometime it will fried your phone...hehe..IIRC, there was a member mentioning about it last time here smile.gif

maybe can do a search in this forum wink.gif

have fun....

always lower the volume to minimum before playing and do not leave your cd inside the tray when u power off because the next time u power on the CDP it will auto play the cd.