evil-zen

hot weather

nowadays i seldom use headphones unless i'm in an air cond room. even at night, its pretty warm as well.

With my Sony CD1700, the enveloping earpads, although very comfortable, proves too warm and suffocating for my ears. The AKG 501 is slightly better, open and with unique padding makes it cooler. The hot singapore weather calls for some etys!

What headphones and ideas do you have for our sunny singapore (esp during the summer periods which makes it worse than usual) ?

koss ksc-35 loh.... comfortable.. never hot.. wear 5 minutes.. and you will forget that you are wearing them.

my beyer is also sometimes quite warm.. that's why i don't wear it .. not until it's night and aircon is on.. laugh.gif

I agree.. open headphone is the best for this temperature..

Does the padding or foam of your headphone gets smelly? My grado125 is beginning to smell (probably from the sweat accumulated from its previous owner and mine). Lucky can detach easily to wash and sun it. Hopefully the foam won't disintegrate under the sun.

Now, kinda worry for my DT880. If it smells, just don't know how to take it out for washing and sunning.

AKG K1000, the ultimate dorky earspeaker. Completely detached from your ears. Not recommended for outdoor use though due to noise intrusion & the laughter from passerbys! Not to mention what portable amp can amplify it from your PCDP (although someone on head-fi successfully used it with the Fixup SuperMini).

There are of course the many quality earbuds from Sennheiser (MX400/500) & Sony (888)

K501 is fine for me, actually I use my W1000 every night, you have to prepare for it, calm yourself down, clean your face, don't drink too much water before you listen... I miss my leather pad sold with W100 sleep.gif

Small phone is good, but when you at home, you always want ultimate sound quality, right? wink.gif