Sign in to follow this  
icelemontea

SONY MDR-EX71

there is mdr-e888 that is generally regarded as better sounding than ex71.

highest end? erm..z.. I am sure you've heard of 'The King'? lol.gif

Edited by Blues

IMO its the lower end. Price is high end sound is low end. Isolation is there, quite decent but sound....

Even Senn MX300 beats it flat. What do you think?

i got senn MX500

but i think the MDR-71 sounds better (luv the bass)

but mdr-888 is not in-canal type rite? think i'm more comfortable with these types

so how is NC-11 compared to mdr71?

besides the NC function, is it worth the money??

TIA

EX71 whoops the MX range into submission, so long as you're using a Sony product that has an upside down EQ (anything from the '10' range should apply here)...

...Bear in mind that Sony are in an awkward position, because they're the only manufacturer (apart from Panasonic, whose headphones really blow) making cans for their own products...

Sony Synergy works for me smile.gif

can't comment on duncan's pt abt the 71's sounding good wif sony products as i use the slimx, but i find the 71s sounding really bad. i sold them after a week to get the ksc 35s, n i haven't looked back.

i believe enuff reviews abt the 71s have been floating around the net, esp the head-fi forums so give them a check b4 making yr decision. personally, i find even the MX500s sound alot more balanced n pleasant than the 71s. n ksc35 just blows it away.

i use the aiwa vx700s for outdoor use. nothing special besides its abnormally rich mids, but u can't exactly hear the difference when out anyway.