Sign in to follow this  
mmatrix

my shure e3c

When I on my mp3 player, there will be a noticeable hissing sound. But, when i plugged my old senn hd497 headphone in, there is no hissing sound (complete silence), when I on my mp3 player. And there are some "crackings" on the left channel (only left) when the in-earphones are played at higher volume. Is there anything wrong with my earphones? mellow.gif

Edited by mmatrix

Hissing sound from both channel is normal for low impedence cans that have high sensitivity. Try it with someone's else's sony earbuds to check is your MP3 palyer is at fault first

I suspect you have been clipping your Shure's and may have damages the left transducer. The best way to check for this is plug the shure's into a normal amp.

Come by if you need further troubleshooting help.

Hi Mmatrix,

Sorry to hear you have some problem with the E3C.

I had experienced very light hissing when turning up the volume when no music is playing on my ipod (esp. with my 256 bitrate encoded MP3s, but it should not be loud enough to bother you during songs. But have not faced any problem with any of the channels crackling. That sounds serious!

Wish I could lend you my E3C to trouble shoot, but I had sent it back to Todd for a refund after listening to it with the ER4P and E1. wub.gif Haven't decided which other canal earphone to go for yet.

If you decide to send your E3C for servicing or refund, pm me to arrange (I still have the receipt).

Cheers!

Scriberex

There are still some crackles when I played the music from my computer sound card. I don't know is it my mp3 player, so, I'll be borrowing my friend's sony canal earphone tomorrow to test my mp3 player.

Edited by mmatrix

computer sound cards generate alot of noise..... im not surprised that u hear cackles and noise from it. Try a dedicated cd player or discman?

wacko.gif I don't think its spoiled.. Something wrong with my eyes. Tested with my friend's sony canal earphone. There is also this slight zzZzZzz sound. dry.gif Edited by mmatrix

Well, just to conclude this episode..

Toddthevinyljunkie.com is a great guy to order stuff from. He agreed to accept mmatrix's e3c as a return to offset the purchase of an Ety ER4P, even though the 30 days return policy was up and mmatrix had thrown away the plastic packaging. Whataguy! Highly Recommended! party.gif

Try that with any retailer in Singapore!!!

Well, just to conclude this episode..

Toddthevinyljunkie.com is a great guy to order stuff from. He agreed to accept mmatrix's e3c as a return to offset the purchase of an Ety ER4P, even though the 30 days return policy was up and mmatrix had thrown away the plastic packaging. Whataguy! Highly Recommended! party.gif

Try that with any retailer in Singapore!!!

party.gif

blush.gif I din know that 30 days was up... Time flies..