Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ruach

Inside a Cambridge Audio Azur 640C

Guest Ruach

100% M.I.C.

Selling at Alpha Audio for $670++

Uses Wolfson WM8740 24-bit/192kHz DAC biggrin.gif

Has built-in reclocking circuitry for low jitter clock signals to the DAC and servo chips (no need for expensive external clock upgrades like LC Audio XO clock)

Reclocking circuitry is shielded by copper case too!

Good stuff

That looks sweet. I just kinda wish stereo equipments wouldn't be taxed so much in Thailand. I bet the Cambridge Audio would cost at least 50% more in Thailand than the US.

My cousin bought a NAD amp that ran almost 100% more than the retail price in US. mad.gif

Well look at the bright side, U have a local brand - Norh that not only offers great value for money but good sound and construction quality too.

Edited by Mackie

i was in bangkok not too long ago, theres not much of a hi fi market but the DIY crowd is fantastic! i enjoyed my day at ban mo market shopping for torodal transformers at fraction of singapore prices

Arh yes, Ban mo. I got some 12 gauge copper speaker wires there once for 1000 B (5 meters pair). That's only US$25!!! My only concern about that market is that you might get ripped off if you are just a newbie. Caveat Emptor indeed.

There are a few places that sells Hi-FI stuff. They are abit inconspicious and you have to ferret them out. My cousin took my to these two malls (quite close to each other) where there are some 10+ Hi-Fi stores there. I can't quite remember the names of those mall. Its around downtown though. There is a B&W dealer in Gaysorn Plaza (across from Central World Trade Center). They have the 801 there (drool). sleep.gif

But - I must confess I never heard of Norh. Maybe I have to check this out.

i wanted to go to the krell showroom near the airport, i heard its one of the best equipped krell showrooms in the work. unfortunatly, i din`t have the time...

Edited by hacknet