Sign in to follow this  
jaryl46

Giving up high-end sales

Selling for Stax Elextrostatic combo. Energiser / preamp Model Stax SRM 1 Mk 2 and electrostatic earspeakers Sigma Lamda Signature. Both in very good condition and boxed. Was selling fro $3k plus. I am asking for $1.2k only. Selling due to extreme low usage. Can audition first before decision making. Call 98510007. Thanks.

fyi i sold my senheiser hd 600/ creek combo to upgrade to Stax 3 years ago. absolutely no comparison in sound. the Stax combo is better in very way except absolute volume or loudness.

hi, welcome to the forum. we actually have a classifieds section where I've move this to wink.gif

good luck with the sale!

Hi jaryl46,

user posted image

Is your SRM1Mk2 same as the one in the pix (1982's version) ?

Could it run on other cans, like Beyers DT880 ?

Is it a tube amp, and how does it compare with other tube drivers like SRM-006t and 007t ?

Thanks for more details. wink.gif

Look alike except, 1) mine is black, 2.)mine is 30th Anniversry Edition ala 1995/6. 3) mine drove 2 Professional electrostatic headphones. I dont think it can drove any other type of headphones. This is a class A transistor design. According to reviews, the tube drivers you mention have a warmer and fuller balance. But. they are all in a class of its own where sound is concern.

Edited by jaryl46

hi, welcome to the forum. we actually have a classifieds section where I've move this to wink.gif

good luck with the sale!

Thanks again Ablaze for your help. Kind of blurr moving around forums huh.gif

nevermind jaryl.. you will get used to it soon mellow.gif

Hi jaryl46,

some of us are very keen, and we do enjoy Stax's unique sonic characteristics, as the earspeakers sound very sweet for vocals and airy open on acoustic programs like jazz and chamber music. However, the price quoted is quite stiff considering that it's already about 8 years old for a piece of delicate electrostatic equipment. Please PM me your best price.

Btw, i have been enjoying a Stax's Lambda Nova system and hope to upgrade it soon. wink.gif

Hi Tee,

Thanks for the advice regarding price. I am willing to reduce it and whoever is interested can made an offer. Maybe I reduce to $1k. Really wish to convert to cash to get a digital cam than keeping it in the cupboard. tongue.gif

Hi jaryl46,

no problem pal, just to acknowledge that we do have friends here who enjoy nice, sweet music from Stax....the best Japanese electrostatic earspeakers in the world... wink.gif

Yes both. Must go together unless the person already own some Stax gears. Cannot mix and match with other products. Even within the Stax range there's the normal drivers and the pro drivers. Dont think can mix coz the pros voltage are higher.

Thanks for your help. wink.gif