tropicalrips

HD650

ohmy.gif i thought the $550 price was for the HD600

the HD650 is suppose to retail @ over $800 according to dougles at Hung, but i think there's a special promotion price for the first 10 sets

will the upgrade cables for the HD600 fit on the 650 ?

yes they will - the 600 and 650 use the same connectors.

The brief audition I had with the X-Ray->Zolt->HD650 it sounded slow for me. The HD600 was slightly faster & more airier/spacious. (The system combination with RS-1 blew me away!) I don't remember which replacement cables were on which headphones though. Other than that no other complaints with it. Top notch sounding cans with the usual sennheiser fit & comfort.

THe HD600 was using the Oelhbach replacement cable.

i've heard that cable can actually be bad for the 650's

The brief audition I had with the X-Ray->Zolt->HD650 it sounded slow for me. The HD600 was slightly faster & more airier/spacious. (The system combination with RS-1 blew me away!) I don't remember which replacement cables were on which headphones though. Other than that no other complaints with it. Top notch sounding cans with the usual sennheiser fit & comfort.

u mean the Oelhbach replacement cable?

When I bought mine from Hungs Brother was $550 and at point of time they said the price will not fluctuate much only depends on Euro and the quantity ordered. According to the person (I forgot the name but I think is one of the Hungs brother) the price will not be too high as market are aware about the price. Quite surprice they are going to sell $800, if really that is true. I thought they are selling the HD600 for about $400?

The bass of the HD650 is tighter than the HD600. I actually dun quiote like the highs of the HD650 until I fix on my Clou Red after running in the HD650 for a while.

The HD650 will sound very thick and slow with the Oehlbach cable. However once the HD650 is burnt in (500hrs) it does sound pretty ok.

When I bought mine from Hungs Brother was $550 and at point of time they said the price will not fluctuate much only depends on Euro and the quantity ordered. According to the person (I forgot the name but I think is one of the Hungs brother) the price will not be too high as market are aware about the price. Quite surprice they are going to sell $800, if really that is true. I thought they are selling the HD600 for about $400?

The bass of the HD650 is tighter than the HD600. I actually dun quiote like the highs of the HD650 until I fix on my Clou Red after running in the HD650 for a while.

I can verify the price. They also told me that normal retail price of the 650 is around $800+. And first ten units selling at around $700 I think.

HD600 they mentioned that selling at $450.

I can verify the price. They also told me that normal retail price of the 650 is around $800+. And first ten units selling at around $700 I think.

HD600 they mentioned that selling at $450.

Organise a power buy from Jan Meier and get a much better deal man... $800 is way too mcuh

I am actually quite surprise that people allow the trial of HD600/HD650. I thought in Singapore, either due to professionalism or market support you dun really have a chance to trial the really high end headphone products with no commitment to buy. Maybe RS1 is a special case where you are allow to try freely. My logic is for high end headphones they propably don't even stock a lot so how to get 1 to try? Unless the shop owner himself is crazy about headphones and thus is using one for himself in the shop. My few dealings with Hungs Brother I felt they are businesspeople rather than headphone enthusiast.

Just my opinion. Anyway it seems I am lucky to get the HD650 at $550. But $550 to $800, don't make sense leh.

Anyway back on the topic of HD650. I have dug through all my e-mails with Jan Meier and found that it costs : 350 Euros or 385 USD. The prices includes shipping.

Yes, I support lengcm's idea of buying from Meier Audio.

The HD650 cost USD380 + SIN$10 (Bank Draft Charge) + SIN$1 (Postage) but you'll have to wait for about 3 weeks in order to get your cans.

At Meier Audio, if you buy Amp + Headphone together, you get a slight discount off the individual price of the items. Always take the US price cost Euro exchange rate is not to our advantage.

i check with Hung Bros today smile.gif the $550 price for the HD650 was a one-off "sample" price , there was a total of 3 sets then, and all 3 hav since been sold laugh.gif

the "special" price for the current stock, is $690 for the first 10 sets, after that the price for the next batch of HD650 will be above $700, most likly around the $750 range depending on buyer smile.gif

red_ryder :

the young short guy is Dougles, one of the "hung bros"

the tall one i think is one of the partners, the other "hung bros" is also another short guy, he's usually at the back of the shop.

the famous moustache guy just works there biggrin.gif

the "lady salesperson" is the "hung sisters" i think smile.gif there's usually 2 of them during weekends

lol.gif this is becoming the "moustache guy" tread. back to the HD650

if i don't hav exotic hardware like Sudgen Headmaster, Consonance 1.1 , Rotel 971...what are the alternatives for the HD650

the HD650 sounded ok on my Cmoy, a little muffered, but thats due to the headphones being new, havn't had a chance to try out the more exotic setups

lol.gif this is becoming the "moustache guy" tread. back to the HD650

if i don't hav exotic hardware like Sudgen Headmaster, Consonance 1.1 , Rotel 971...what are the alternatives for the HD650

the HD650 sounded ok on my Cmoy, a little muffered, but thats due to the headphones being new, havn't had a chance to try out the more exotic setups

Try a grado RA1 clone. It drives the HD650 quite decently

sleep.gif if the clone can drive the HD650 well then i guess a cmoy should do well too, just need the 300hrs of burn-in wallbash.gif

i'm also considering the HD580, which closer to my budget for a main phone.

is there a big difference between the 580 & 650 if i don't hav a high end setup?