Sign in to follow this  
onefly9

Budget can recommendation

Hi, I would like to seek some advice on a good budget can around $100 or less.

I listen to mainly vocal, pop, jazz etc. Any advise is most appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for the advice! But heard that the Grados are not very comfy, is it true? What about Philip Hp890? Heard that it is good, but have not audition it yet.

If can increase your budget to $200, your options go up immensely! biggrin.gif

Just kidding..are you looking for home use or portable? or both?

The Grado SR60 is a very good can at that price range. Comfort is not that bad, just have to widen the headband so that it doesn't press your ears too much.

If that is too much, then the Senn PX200 is worth looking at for $90. Not familar with the Philips.

Philips give good value for money but U'll need to remove the flapping cloth and a layer of acoustic paper covering the drivers to up the ante in sound quality.

Depending on the music and usage (ie. indoor or outdoor), U can consider Beyer DT331. I recommend this model if U listen more to jazz and classical music.

user posted image

Edited by Mackie

Koss KSC-35 if you can get them (best to buy a good used one) or alternatively, PortaPros, KSC-55/50. all well under $100. Check out the pricing in the Classified's Sticky.

Thanks for all the advice! The cans will be for home use only, mostly music (jazz, pop, instruments etc.) and occationally for HT.

I think I will give the Grado and the Beyer a listen too, with all your keen recommendations. yes.gif

Am thinking of a good balance between sound quality and comfort, that's why thought of the Philips initially (of course the proce too..)

Hi Mackie,

One question though, not sure how to remove the flapping cloth and a layer of acoustic paper, is it diffucult to take out and reinstate the foam in the first place?