ablaze

Head-fi's flavour of this month

Hi Ablaze

I have the DT-880 and it is more than 100hrs burn in and I still looking for a headphone amp to drive it. sad.gif

I would like to try it on the Corda HA-2 or the Prehead someday. rolleyes.gif

If you like to compare it with your CD 3000, we can arrange a place to meet. smile.gif

Naim Headline not a proper headphone amp?! I'm shocked! What would a proper headphone amp be? Or did you mean that you don't have a proper headphone amp for at home. I wouldn't mind a Headline for office use!

Hi N@Z

At home I am using The MicroZOLT with Ken-Rad VT-231 and Sylvania 12AT7WB green label tubes, headphone AT-W100. Sometime with the DT-880 during the weekend. rolleyes.gif

Comparing the sound using the DT-880 the bass coming out from the MicroZOLT is tighter and the Naim Headline is more relax (not as puchy or tigth). Excuse me for the term I used if wrong, please correct me. ohmy.gif

I am use the PSU that come with Naim Headline it could be better if upgraded to PSU like the Hi-cap or Flat-cap. As I am not going to depart my money for the high Niam PSU (may give a little more tight bass), the cost for this item is higher PSU which I can buy another Headphone amp. dry.gif

Lastly the Naim Headline is not bad Headphone amp which I still will keep (at the moment), still I would like to find a headphone to suit my hearing preference. wub.gif

I am contacting Ramesh soon for the audition of the Corda HA-2 and the Prehead amp. biggrin.gif