Sign in to follow this  
lekguan

Which cable should I choose?

OK, here's the scenario, I'm running a MINT out the Marantz CD6000ose to a pair of DT931 and a 120ohm adapter (I know it sounds darn silly when I can plug it out the head out, but its too loud.) I need a mini-2RCA cable. Considering that (an at-least-4-condctor cable which can squeeze into a mini plug, or 2 very thin 2-conductor cable which can both squeeze into a mini plug TOGETHER. The latter sounds quite impossible) leaves me with few cable options:

1) Star quad mic cables (Canare L-4e6s or Mogami 2534)

2) Network cables (IBM Token-ring Type-6 Network cable or Cat5e{Belden, anyone?} STP)

I need something which will not highlight the edgey highs of the Marantz CD6000ose. Then, after not emphasizing edgey highs, i need something which is warm and slightly forward, though the first point still holds the most importance.

Also, what connectors to use? I guess Canare F-12 for the mini is unanimous. As for the RCA, what should I choose? Again i need something which will not sound edgey. Bullet plug? Neutrik ProFi? Or Canare 75ohm crimp-type RCA plug (I'm thinking crimping means less solder in the way [except those used to terminate the mini plug], which might mean less edginess?).

Fret not, I'm sane, its just a stopgap measure! Meanwhile I'll enjoy the music the way it is.

Edited by lekguan

Dont understand exactly what you wish to tey lek. Are you saying you wanna try driving you headphone direct from the RCA outputs at the back off your CDP?

I think he's saying he wants a decent 2 rca to 1 mini cable to connect his mint to the marantz. tongue.gif

Lek, since its just a temporary stopgap measure till you buy a home amp, the cheap Daiyo rca to mini cable is actually quite decent. If you don't believe I can pass you mine to try.

Edited by av98m

Unfortunately this will last till the end of the year. Meanwhile gotta mug for the Os dry.gif

So I'd prefer something better. I do have some daiyos at home too...

How about Klotz SQ422 (star quad)? It has similar sonic signature as GY107, especially in the nature on warmth and treble department. Hung Bro sells this.

Edited by Mackie