Sign in to follow this  
LiquidFX

Shure E2c

Hi,

For those users of Shure E2Cs, do you often get stares when wearing them in the public? I mean, its a weird way to wear a pair of earphones right?

Nah, i know it might seem weird that the wires run down the back and hook behind the ears, but i wear them in such a way that the wires are hooked behind my ears before running down the front. I guess its much more comfortable that way....And anyway, who cares what others think when im enjoying my music that much! laugh.gif

Agree! I have a Shure e1c, and it surely gets more stares since it looks like a hearing aid, but the thing is if you run it over your ear and down your back, it very hard to notice. Anyway, who cares about how people look at you, especially when you are not related to them. Ignore them, since they are more like curious than finding you "weird". The main thing is that you enjoy your music. It doesn't matter how others look at you.

Maybe if it still doesnt make you feel comfortable, think of it this way: you are a star and you are the centre of attraction. LOL! blink.gif

Well, anything that makes you feel more comfortable wearing the earphones...

Hahaha... yeah, despite the stares, I've also decided that I've been enjoying them too much to care about others. The first time I wore them on the train, it was pure bliss... no more babies crying, handphones ringing and loudmouths talking.. headphone.gif

Anyway, being enormously satisified with the pair, I can't help feeling a bit itchy now and considering whether I should upgrade to a pair of E3Cs or spring for an amp instead? Any suggestions? biggrin.gif

BTW, do you know if there is an upgrade policy for the earphones if I am still within the 30-day guarantee? I bought it from #01-28 at Sim Lim Square.

Hm....i dont know, but it seems like u just bought your E2c. I myself have been hit by the "upgrade" bug, but have been refraining myself...( only had my E2c for a month ! ). Was thinking about the E3c , Grado Rs80s , Or Alessandro MS-1s.....and a mint amp lol. But when i saw the E2c retailing at Hung bros at 380 bucks...i was turned off almost immediately, not that i cant afford it, but i think 175 bucks on the E2c is already enough for aural pleasure. Im extremely satisfied with the way my E2c ( with foam tips ) sound on my Muvo 2 4 gig and maybe will only upgrade next year... ( and anyway, i dont think the E2cs demand a Amp, think they can be quite easily driven from a portable source ) holiday.gif

Try to audition the e3c first... its not so much of an upgrade because the sound signature is totally different. I think the e2c's are a fine pair of phones.