Sign in to follow this  
nakedtoes

Grado SR60 vs SR80

Izzt true that the SR80 need a amp to drive?? i am thinking of getting one of this for my portable panasonic cd player. For direct out put from a portable which of the above is a better choice?? beer.gif

no need.

Personally preferred sr80.

u can bring u pcdp and try it at Music by Design.

Well of course most headphones improve with amping. Read that the SR80 improves more with amping than the SR60, but I personally have not tried so I dare not comment.

how to PM him?? how much it cost?? i find that my panasonic cd player not enough power to drive mt grado... no.gif

auditions are welcome smile.gif

PM me for details

i hav tried the SR80 driven directly from my sony PCDP, it still sounds ok, although it does sound better when amped laugh.gif

uhhuh. hung bro has the yellow 414 pads .( thanks to tropicalrips for the info ) yes.gif

how to PM him?? how much it cost?? i find that my panasonic cd player not enough power to drive mt grado... no.gif

PM to tropicalrips is free. haha. kidding. wacko.gif

Anyway, I am quite new to headamps but just to share something. I got a Creek OBH-11 headamp. I hook it up to the MUVO, I have to end up cranking it up a bit before it gets to a comfortable volume. MUVO output scales from 0-25, I am at 25, and the volume pot on the obh-11 is as 2 oclock. Might be my hearing though. wink.gif

I think it's probably got to do with the output from the muvo. So, when I am on the muvo, sound cracks a bit, probably due to the maxed out volume.

how to PM him?? how much it cost?? i find that my panasonic cd player not enough power to drive mt grado...  no.gif

PM to tropicalrips is free. haha. kidding. wacko.gif

Anyway, I am quite new to headamps but just to share something. I got a Creek OBH-11 headamp. I hook it up to the MUVO, I have to end up cranking it up a bit before it gets to a comfortable volume. MUVO output scales from 0-25, I am at 25, and the volume pot on the obh-11 is as 2 oclock. Might be my hearing though. wink.gif

I think it's probably got to do with the output from the muvo. So, when I am on the muvo, sound cracks a bit, probably due to the maxed out volume.

is the sen 414 pad be use on the grado SR80?? need to cut a hole right?? how much a pair?? headphone.gif

yes the sen pads can be used on the almost all Grado cans ( SR ones i guess ) it will set u back 10 to 15 dollars a pair.

I just got the sen 414 from hung brothers.. now is $18 liaoz.. but i also buy the PX200 then discount get both for $110.. Now still wondering how to cut a nice circle out of the pad.