breakneck

anyone know?

bass on the 7506 is nowhere as overwhelming as the 770s..for that matter few cans I know come close to the 770s for overwhelming bass rolleyes.gif the 7506 is good at a price of $125 though. good value for money. very analytical. faults are: little soundstage, recessed mids..

yeah.. I've found a buyer for my cans liao.

My uncle. I actually don't feel very good. Coz all these while he seems to become my headphone dumping ground. I sold him my dt250, then now he asked me to sell my dt770 to him, as he has heard about me getting a new can.

I am thinking between dt880 or the grado sr-325/225 .

I've heard 325 and it does magnificent job for L'arc~en~ciel.. abit of rock. Puts me right in the front row of the stage.. the experience is very 'live'!!

dt880 , is abit flat and plain for my taste.. perhaps because I'm so used to my dt770's colouration that I've come up with this conclusion.

I am gonna audition both of them and square off..

but seriously.. the bass on dt770 is just nice right? dun u all think so? lol.gif

I know noone's is gonna agree with me..

well.. i don't really mind the bass on other headphones like grado or senn ... as long as I get much better sound with the whole spectrum.. mid band, lows, highs.

Ultimately, that is what I'm looking for.. not some bass only.

If I had wanted that, I would strap 10" subwoofer around my ears..(I doubt this is possible lol.gif ) and listen to it.

anyway i found this review...

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro

The DT 770 Pro are one of the old standards in closed headphones. They offer durability, simplicity, and comfort. They have a tendency to sound thick, but overall the sound is quite reasonable. However, at 600 Ohms an amp is definitely required.

Although hard to drive, the DT 770 Pro are good sealed headphones at an inexpensive price. They perform well while eliminating unwanted outside interference.Their round, velvet ear cups fit loosely around the ears—very cool and comfortable. The headband is covered by a cushy padding that is extra comfy on the top of your head. They have metal joints that connect the headband to the earpieces, contributing immensely to their durability. They have metal joints that connect the headband to the earpieces, contributing immensely to their durability, and a coiled cable that attaches to one earpiece, eliminating the double cord tangles. The DT 770 are terminated to a mini and include a 1/4 inch adapter.

dun think i'll be able to use tat...at 600 Ohms...i dun think my mixer will be able to drive this headphone...wat do u guys think?

Edited by breakneck