red_ryder

Need help buying mp3 player

My requirements are quite unique for an mp3 player, hope can get some info here.

Basically I need an mp3 player that behaves like a casette tape walkman. In other words, after turning off and turning on again it resumes from where it stopped. Right in the middle of the file. The reason for this is that I listen to audiobooks and spoken material, and oftentimes one mp3 file can last for hours. My old Iriver could do this, but it just broke down and I'm looking for another brand if possible.

Sound quality is not important because I probably won't listen to music on the player.

Edited by red_ryder

Creative MUVO2. It has 4G harddisk and meets your requirement. Sound wise good compare to my MD player. Need new ear phone if you going to listen to good music.

Cost 400 sing at SLS. The 1.5G version cost around 300.

have you looked into MiniDisc??? minidisc will start where you stopped, it has recording functions should you require the need to record on the run. and they are cheap to buy and maintain. battery life is a plus as it can also run for days (full charge), and the removable media is another advantage, so no need to estimate your requirements as buy blanks as you need to do so

what u need is a mp3 player with resume function

look out for that term & u should be safe

most good mp3 players offer that function

my NJB3 & Muvo NX come to mind