Sign in to follow this  
cllai

Anyone tried the Panasonic RP-HJE50?

hey

i got the PX200 for my iPod. "Wowed" by the details. Bass was lacking in my opinion but it wasn't shaby.

i sold the PX200 for the Sony Ex71. ALOT of bass! but highs and mids are average. Isolation was much better than the PX200. Light and easy to carry around. After 12 months, the wires on the "Y" connector broke down thus causing the right driver to fail.

scout around lookin for another pair of in-ears. Got the HJE-50. At 1st, the highs were terrible, after burning-in, they sound not bad. much clearer thn the Ex71 but not comparable to the PX200. It's a great budget and all-round in-ear earphones that provide good isolation. Bass is not as boomy as Ex71. Highs and mids are better than the Ex71.

just bought mine at $55 at Song Bro at JP. Paring it with my muvo/PA2V2. The details are there but the bass is abit lacking.

Hi,

I owned the PX200, Ex71 & HJE50 before. To me, the PX200 sounded the best but i needed more isolation. HJE-50 wins the Ex71. No bloated bass. Clearer mids. Crisp highs but will crack if volume is maxed. Bass is not boomy, packs a punch or two. Not the very best but is much tighter than Ex71.

Overall a very worth budget in-ear earphones to consider. smile.gif Have yet to try Sharp MD33 or Creative EP630.

hi..im selling hje50 for $40!!! its super brand new..only used less than a week..condition is super new!!..full package including 3 dfiferent size earbuds as well as a pouch.

Don't think you can find in sim lim...peeked around hung bros, don't have...they DO however, have new audio-tech's. Some new premium stuff, I think, and some low end stuff. And something about a AKG sale currently on...

By the way, has anyone checked out the audio shops just outside the main ground floor? Passed on the other day...were selling the senn's R25 at about 300+

Heh. My virgin post. (After some pressure from ablaze about 0-posters, heh).

HJE50s can also be found at W-cube (www.w3cube.com) $55, located in the Adephi, quite good sales service. Didn't really see anyone mention that shop, so i thought i'd mention.

Unfortunately, my blue HJE50s just died a few weeks ago, with only one earbud still producing sound. They have better mids than the Sony earbuds, but the sound still feels rather thin, due to poor bass and lower midtones, imho. In addition, the cords transmit a lot of sound/noise (from banging against your clothes when you're walking, etc) compared to the Sony earbuds (my old one was the black ones with the extension, imported from japan), which can be quite distracting. Add these two flaws together, i would prefer the Sony ones.

Just realised that Y-shape cords (using the stock earphones that came in my muvo n200 packaging when my HJE50s died) are totally not my style, otherwise i would have brought the Creative 630s. Am looking for the Sharp M33s, since they're round-the-neck styles. Shall look out for any mass-orders coming up soon. Anyone looking for these earphones too? (oops.... heh sorry for stealing the thunder away from the HJE50s in this thread, heh).

Will also check out the Sony MDR-EX81LP, but read comments on how quickly the cords tend to wear out - sucky durability. Sigh.