Sign in to follow this  
cllai

Anyone tried the Panasonic RP-HJE50?

How does it compare to Sony's EX 70/71 in terms of sound? I feel the Sony sounds a bit dull and too bassy at times but I like the isolation (although limited) that I'm getting for the price. Are there any other earplugs for < S$100? Usage will be mainly in MRTs during peak (aka noisy) hours on a iRiver IHP100.

Appreciate any feedback.

To find the panasonic, try :-

1) jade gift shop (2nd floor at beach road cinema)

2) http://www.teamdigital.net , email them for a price quote, collection point is a unit at peninsula plaza

should be about $56 or less

for the sharp hp-md33,

1) www.bluetin.com (SGD64 )

2) www.audiocubes.com (USD39.00 not counting shipping)

hope it helps kicking.gif

How does it compare to Sony's EX 70/71 in terms of sound? I feel the Sony sounds a bit dull and too bassy at times but I like the isolation (although limited) that I'm getting for the price. Are there any other earplugs for < S$100? Usage will be mainly in MRTs during peak (aka noisy) hours on a iRiver IHP100.

Appreciate any feedback.

never had the Sony EX 71 so can't compare with it. Did own the EX70 but it died on me in less than a year ppth.gif

I've been using the panasonic for about a week with the medium size plugs on my muvo 2 mp3 player, so here are my comments:

Once you get a good seal, the bass is pretty strong (comparable to the ex70). My initial feeling on first listen is that the bass drowned out the singing and the instruments. Although it doesn't seem as much now, perhaps it improved after running in a while. Singing is clear but I find the instruments sounds not as detailed (compared to my audio technica cm5 which has a more detailed sound but a weaker bass cos I can't stuff them in my ears well)

Construction wise it isn't that sturdy either i.e. wires are pretty thin meaning they aren't very durable but neither was the sony ex70 anyway. It'll better suit those who listen to bass-heavy music.

to sum up, u get the same or better quality than the sony for $20 less.

** pardon my amateurish comments, but my ears aren't so discerning and i'm not sure of audio terminology. I just listen to the music and describe what i know biggrin.gif

gimj: Where and for how much did you get your pana earbuds for?

gimj: Where and for how much did you get your pana earbuds for?

got them from teamdigital at $54.

see http://www.teamdigital.net ,

email them for a price quote, collection point is a unit at peninsula plaza

Another place is jade gift shop (2nd floor at beach road cinema). according to my fren he says last time he saw they were selling at $52.

only $2 differnece... go to ehichever is closer. btw does teamdigital allow auditioning??

for teamdigital, if by auditioning, you mean try out different earphones then no, they do not let you try before you buy. The unit in Peninsula is NOT a retail shop. you cannot go there straight and buy. You have to contact them first and wait for them to inform you to collect it from them. Once there you should bring ur music player or use their radio there to test it . Important to check for faults before you leave the place, they do not accept returns.

From personal experience:

For singapore prices, they ask you to email them for quote.

I got my reply in 2 days. Then after I replied with my confirmed order, I waited another 2 days for the order confirmation email. For collection, it has to be during working hours (before 6pm on weekdays). I had to go down during lunchtime to get it as I end my work at 6pm. a bit of a hassle, if you ask me.

my advice is if you want to get it immediately, then get it from a retail shop. but if u can afford to wait then you can try getting from them.

hope this helps biggrin.gif

ohh. i got my mother to get my e888 from them. Ken was nice and gave a discount to my mother, (my grandmother paid btw) for something that i am using

For singapore prices, they ask you to email them for quote.

I got my reply in 2 days. Then after I replied with my confirmed order, I waited another 2 days for the order confirmation email.

Oh so it looks like it isnt just me....Was wondering why they were taking so long to reply...Btw gimj are the headphones covered by local warranty? And what are the microphonics on the buds like?

Edited by decibel

Hmmm was quoted $58 by Teamdigital for the panasonics... think i'll just save the time and money and go to Jade instead