Sign in to follow this  
Mayan_Aztec

Best speaker system for PC.

I would like to buy a PC speaker that is good for Music/Games. I want a damn freakin good one. What's the best out there? I have first gen. Audigy sound card.

The ultra's i suppose being shown... pretty much the defacto standard for a computer speaker....until they update it =]

user posted image

The ultras.... *drool*...ultimate setup without going diy for computer speakers.

THX certification is based on a funny set of rules....so, personally i dun care much for thx certification. Lastly, yes speakers do need running in...

Actually there are quite a number of pc speakers which outperform those which are THX certified, but they aren't usually for the simple reason of saving cost. Without THX certification, a set of speakers can be sold for a lower price, and the hassle and cost of certifying them are saved.

when its first home, u plug it in, and it doesnt irritate you, just use as per normal and slowly it will reach its fully burned-in state.

If it does, then just play some music, or burn in track. Ensure that the volume is not too loud.

play some music, any music. Non-stop. For speakers if u play loud your neighbour will complain, so better not...

In semi-singlish terms:

plug in, play.

Sound shiok? just use.

Not shiok? play music non-stop until music sound shiok.

Don't blast music or else neighbour complain

Simply, if it sounds good enough, then don't bother about anything. Play on and enjoy the music (or game or movie).

Edited by lekguan

Ok so where can I find promedia 5.1 ultra speakers? How much do they cost and how do i run them in? The same way as headphones?

i think you can find them at tat chuan audio at the adelphi. address below:

1 Coleman Street

#01-17 The Adelphi

Singapore 179803

Tel:(65) 6334-5566

Fax:(65) 6337-7244

Not sure about the cost, but as an indication,

the promedia 2.1 was S$399 (the last time i asked) so the 5.1 ultra should be considerably dearer.

not sure about the running in process though. biggrin.gif