Sign in to follow this  
bpribadi

Good shop to buy DIY components?

Hi All, I want to try to DIM (Do It Myself) a headphone amp. Any recommendation which shop in SLT to get the components?

Thanks!

Edited by bpribadi

i am considering start a small kit groups buy.the price is around $50 USD.including all components(boards+chips+R/C+pot+case+socket).

beer.gif

Thanks Jason!

Hi Digi01, what amp is that? I would like to try the one using the Burr-Brown Op-Amp. Or do you guys have any experience with other op-amps? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

sorry bpribadi for my reply too slow.I am a little busy recently wink.gif

the kit is op push transistor based amp.you can choice BB or ad series opamp for pre stage.

if you work with a single stage opamp,the lm6171/72 and NE5532/34 is good choice.

rolleyes.gif

Thanks Digi for sharing the info! yes.gif

For my first head amp, I would like to hear the difference from a moddest and simple head amp like Non inverting Op-amp. I guess it will be purely testing the Op-amp sound quality since the audio signal will only go through the pots, coupling cap, and the Op-amp itself. For these 3 components I try to get the best but affordable component.

Op-amp I will try BB OPA2134 (Farnell SGD 4.9)

Input Capacitor I will try Vishay Polypropylene 378 Series 1.0 uF. (Farnell SGD 2.8)

Potentiometer, still looking. Blue ALPS seems to be too expensive and big in size. Do you have any suggestion ?

Thanks!

Bram

Op-amp I will try BB OPA2134 (Farnell SGD 4.9)

Input Capacitor I will try Vishay Polypropylene 378 Series 1.0 uF. (Farnell SGD 2.8)

Potentiometer, still looking. Blue ALPS seems to be too expensive and big in size. Do you have any suggestion ?

Thanks!

Bram

Get at least an Alps Blue pot, a pair of 0.47uF Solen capacitors and 10 pieces of 1%, 1/4w metal film resistors for each value you need.

Parts list (amp only):

1 x 100k Alps Blue Velvet pot.

2 x 0.47uF Solen Fastcaps

10 x 100k ohm

10 x 5k ohms

10 x 1k ohms

Input & output jacks