Sipher

high fidelity music cds

Bought the caiqing album.

the folk songs one.

errr. didn't really like it.

Her voice is very nice, but I didn't like the music, except for track 1, which I kept on repeat.

I really hate those corny bigband chinese music(like the stuff you hear in getai and old chinese restaurants with live bands.)

Are there any albums where she just sings without instrumental accompliment? Or just simple

instruments (piano, bass, snare...none of that electric guitar/sax/overdub vocals etc..)

Chris

ps. So I can consider myself an audiophile now that I have ONE cai qing album in my collection?? wink.gif hahaha! yeah.gif

pps. Mackie, if you like Samuel Barber's adagio, you should check out this piece.

Rodrigo's - Concierto de Aranjuez.

This piece is very very nice. He's also a 20th century composer.

Edited by yongchris

yongchris,

You can try this :

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/...-c/version-all/

user posted image

Mostly piano-accompanied. I don't have the CD myself (more of a classical listener), but I have a few of the MP3s from there, and I thought it sounded pretty good.

I like Concierto de Aranjuez as well. Very nice piece. In fact, if I didn't remember wrongly, a documentary shown quite a long time ago reported that a church in Spain(?) had a clock which chimed to the 2nd movement (most popular) of that piece. And when they interviewed the people, everyone knew the tune. smile.gif

Regards

CK

Bought the caiqing album.

the folk songs one.

errr. didn't really like it.

Her voice is very nice, but I didn't like the music, except for track 1, which I kept on repeat.

I really hate those corny bigband chinese music(like the stuff you hear in getai and old chinese restaurants with live bands.)

Are there any albums where she just sings without instrumental accompliment? Or just simple

instruments (piano, bass, snare...none of that electric guitar/sax/overdub vocals etc..)

Chris

ps. So I can consider myself an audiophile now that I have ONE cai qing album in my collection?? wink.gif hahaha! yeah.gif

pps. Mackie, if you like Samuel Barber's adagio, you should check out this piece.

Rodrigo's - Concierto de Aranjuez.

This piece is very very nice. He's also a 20th century composer.

I personally favour "Jin Pian Zi part I" amongst the 3 cds. All jazz and certainly more to your taste, Chris.

Thanks for the recommendation on Rodrigo's masterpiece. Have a few versions of it on cds and LPs.

Have you heard the brass version? Solo played by a trumpet with a backing brass band?

The version was from the movie "Brassed Off". very cool smile.gif

OK, here's one, affected by lengcm.

CHYI the complpete collection 1987-1999

though its not some gold CD or HDCD and such, except its 24bit processing, it makes many system sound a few folds as good. The music is real smooth and so is the vocals (do note that the vocals is very sibilant though). Fell in love just listening once through. 2CDs, 33 songs, available at That CD Shop for a mere $19.99 No reason not to buy.