Sign in to follow this  
fuild

Shure e3c

Hi guys. I'm considering to get a pair of canal phones for portable use. I kinda decided on the e3c after a period of serious research(both for the sonical quality and the ergonomics). So, where could i find them in Singapore? I don't see them being listed under the headphone prices thread though...and i can't buy online as I don't have a credit card nor paypal. Only a student. Help will be mch appreciated. =) Thanks in advance!

happy.gif

esden trading

SLS level 1 #01-01, the shop is situated facing the road outside, at the most u go round SLS on the outside for 1 round, should find it next to a small eatery

just bought e2c for S$173

don't just go there, they normally will order from singapore main distributor on demand, so call first to so that they order for u

tel: 63339745 [listed on the receipt, should be correct]

man, i should get a discount for introducing u to him...smile.gif

btw, according to him, its pronounced as "sure"

should i get the e2 now or save up for the e3? =| i have slightly over $200 to spend right now.

esden trading

SLS level 1 #01-01, the shop is situated facing the road outside, at the most u go round SLS on the outside for 1 round, should find it next to a small eatery

just bought e2c for S$173

don't just go there, they normally will order from singapore main distributor on demand, so call first to so that they order for u

tel: 63339745 [listed on the receipt, should be correct]

man, i should get a discount for introducing u to him...

btw, according to him, its pronounced as "sure"

Thanks evo, i'll give them a call soon to check. =)

remember to include the er6 in your considerations too

did not like the e3 when i tested them in during the last sgheadphones meet, but may be due to poor fit

e2 is muddy compared to sr60, lacks a bit in the highs & lows, but good for portable use

depends on your source & quality of music files too

e3c would be about S$300...

Hmmm.... Ok. Then how will they sound as compared to my PX-200s? I listen to mainly rock and metal with a little jazz and classical. I still remember being blown away by the sound of the PX-200s when i first got them, the sound was so clear as compared to my stock earbuds. laugh.gif I was wondering whether that 'lifting of the veil' effect would be replicated with the e2s. And some more instrument separation would be greatly desired too...The PX-200 make my music sound pretty jumbled up sometimes( if u get what i mean) ^^ Thanks again =)

IMHO PX200 is really good. One thing is that in-ear stuff sound very in-head. Somtimes moving from in-ear cans to even stock buds is like a breath of fresh air (despite the much poorer quality). E3c was a really bad experience for me. E1c simply blew e3c away. YMMV.

Hm. I have to agree with kidd here. The PX200 are awesome, but imo they need an amp to really shine. Somehow, my PX200 amped seems to sound better then my E2s amped....The PX200 has really superb bass which is strong and thumpy yet not muddy and still stays coherent with the rest of the music!

I dunno if anyone agrees, but YMMV. Either that or i might be going deaf. wink.gif

i was banking on the improved isolation of the e2 though...and to provide more details. sigh. how now brown cow?

Grados are different imo. I wouldnt use a Grado in the public. It wouldnt make sense as the open-back design leaks too much and lets too much in. That, imo, will destroy the quality of the music and at the same time irritate people around you....

The Grados sound great, sure, but to me, it wouldnt make sense using it on the go....

I think closed phones and Canal phones are the only ones to be considered for portable use, if anything, for practical reasons.

happy.gif

OK let's put it this way. I can only speculate (based on cost, reviews and experience with other in-ear buds) because I've not tried E2c. I've tried E1c, e3c as well as px200.

I would imagine that e2c bowls PX200 over in terms of fidelity, especially in details/resolution (bass aside).

However (surely) the PX200 will sound less in-head and less fatiguing. And therefore more enjoyable/musical to some.

I would imagine that crossfeed would alleviate the situation of the in-ear buds sounding in-head and fatiguing.

Isolation wise, e2 will definitely be much much better, especially when used with the foam buds. It's a no-brainner.

If you like analytical cans, the choice is clear.

My suggestion would be to shout out to helpful peeps out here who are willing to let you audition a Shure e2c and a PX200. On a footnote, based on my experience with in-ear buds, they tend to sound so good at first because of the details. Over time it will sound fatiguing to some, which will be alleviated by crossfeed, and thus less enjoyable. My advice would be to spend a longer period of time with them on, as long as you deem fit whilst not posing too much of an inconvenience to the person who is letting you have an audition (Be considerate!)

Well, if anyone wants, ill be happy to let you have a listen to my E2s and PX200s on weekends : P

If PX200 have impressed you, wait still u hear a grado headphone... laugh.gif

I would normally not recommend using open cans in public because you tend to want to turn up the volume due to the noise outside, unknowingly, until you get to a very quiet place without changing the volume and discover that "Oh, it was so loud?" For me when i use an isolating earphone one the bus and remove it I'm like "Oh, its so noisy outside?" In fact the whine of the aircon and engine is louder than the music I'm listening to (iRiver 390T on vol 10 with Shure e1c). There was once I removed the earbud and because of the huge increase in noise, I thought I was going deaf! blink.gif But that's beside the point.

Also different people have different taste. One man's meat is another's poison. My setup might be my nirvana but your worst nightmare. Perhaps, too exaggerated. All good hifi sound good...

Cheers