Sign in to follow this  
fuwen

RCA splitter

Ground-loop problem means the Mains-earth is tied to the signal ground on one of your components. In this case, it's like that the 963SA. This can cause problems. What you need to do is to use a cheater plug which disconnects the mains-earth pin from the 963SA's powercord and give it a try. It should help.

OK, understand already. Will try it out and thanks, firefox.

Not sure whether I have done it correctly but it seems that there are signals from the SL-XP150 only when I switch off the main of the 963SA, even though I have used a cheater plug (not sure is it the right one, basically a 3-pin plug adaptor but the earth pin is plastic). If the main of the 963SA is switched on, the signal from the SL-XP150 still cannot get through. However, with both connected to the RCA splitter, the signal of the 963SA did manged to get through.

Ok. I think the output circuit of the 963 is affecting the XP150's. Probably trying to bring the signal to ground because there is no input so the circuit tries to maintain the output and input at the same level (ground).

Hey Fuwen. You can try this but I can't guarantee that it will work.

When you want to use the XP150, use the remote to mute the 963SA. It should work theorectically.