Sign in to follow this  
huangyong

DIY LC-king

What is this light blue material?

I guess it is silicon rubber to isolate between the back of the transistor and the heatsink, but still providing heat transfer to the heat sink.

I use to use it too... wink.gif otherwise, if isolation is not important, silicon paste is enough.

bpribadi, the isolation is electrical and it conduct heat to the heatsink? I didn't know about this, where do one get this material? Thanks.

bpribadi, the isolation is electrical and it conduct heat to the heatsink? I didn't know about this, where do one get this material? Thanks.

It's known as thermal tape, and frag tape by some people. Strange people calls it frag tape. Does it improve your frag count in games? sleep.gif

It is not readily available, but you can buy it in packs (pre-cut sizes) from Bell Electronics. Those from Bell are not sticky but they provide the electrical isolation. biggrin.gif

Another option would be mica sheets (forgot the proper term, but it's mica) available from Silicone Electronics. More expensive than the above and cracks easily. It is not as flexible as the one from Bell, but with its usage in vacuum tubes, it can probably withstand very high temperatures. laugh.gif