Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

My 1st (Turbo) Diesel Car (Warning Photos)

As you can see from the shots below, the car is a Diamond White Ford Mondeo Estate 2.0L Turbo diesel direct injection (TDDi) manual transmission. I took delivery of it only just this Saturday afternoon.

user posted image

I specified it with the optional bodykit, the alloy wheels are on back order. Still undecided whether to go 16" size (As per stock, for comfort & economical reasons - this after all will be used as a high mileage highway car.) or "upsize" the whole hog to the better looking 18" alloys.

user posted image

The car looks brilliant white that I have dubbed it iMondie!

user posted image

Registration number taken off my now sold Mitsubishi Spacewagon GDI.

user posted image

My wife loves the oval clock, which has an integrated red LED which works in conjunction with the remote locking & immobiliser system.

user posted image

Nice touch with the key fob which has an integrated double dead locking system & rear hatch that can also be unlocked from the key fob. The key itself is pretty unique. All I need now is an excuse to go out & drive the car. Hmm, the fuel tank was only filled up to 1/2 by the dealer yesterday...

user posted image

20'' chrome wheels? Bling bling baby!

Its quite a beauty!... I really like the front end pic.

Q00: No way dude! The initial & running cost of the tyres will be prohibitive, let alone the rock hard ride from the "rubberband" tyres!

arj: Har har har! Sure, as long as you give me one in your new one whenever that may be!

What a brilliant Monday this turned out for me, ended up having to drive the new car quite a fair bit. Went to our main office after sending my son off to school in the morning. Realised that I had forgotten my "pen-drive" for my meeting so had to drive back home to get it. Went out for a quick break with colleagues after the meeting. My afternoon briefing at the main office was also cancelled so I went home for lunch. In the afternoon I had to drive all the way to my outstation office but not before I stopped by a Shell fuel station to fill up with some diesel, my first time ever! 3/4 tank cost me a mere $11.00 when normally that would be about nearly $20.00 of premium petrol! Coming back home from work I put on some Buena Vista Social Club in the CDP set the EQ to VOCALS & wafted all the way back. cool.gif ... bliss, running in speed never felt this good.

And the best bit of all? The return trip to & fro my outstation office which was about nearly 100kms total, hardly made the fuel gauge move at all. I only maxed just under 120kph (max. running-in speed). The engine speed was at a relaxed 2,400rpm. Which compensates for the disconcerting "Rattly" sound it makes at idle & low speeds. I still am not used to it, coming from petrol engined cars since the very beginning of car ownership. I do miss the STi's exhaust beat somewhat.

Naz: Soon as i got my finance sorted out plus my driveway. i will be meeting the contractor tommorrow.

shouldn't this be in the "new toy" tread as well tongue.gif

i like the shot from the front, very pretty wub.gif

Agreed...the front shot is beautiful...

Is the price of the car the same as your STI?

I guess it could even be in the Car-Fi thread but it's nicer on a thread of it's own wink.gif

Even though my previous STi was bought used (thanks courtesy of Mat for introducing a friend who knows a friend...) it still cost a couple of thousand more. A brand new current STi ver. VIII will set you back nearly double the price of the Mondie.

Oh... I have to be a bit more careful with this car when approaching humps or steep areas as the front spoiler can hit the ground. I never had that problem with my STi ever. I guess the front overhang on the Mondie is longer.

This should tide me over...

user posted image

Ford Mondeo's own brand 10 spoke, 2 piece look 18" alloy wheels.

maybe a bigger set of wheels will offset the overhang? tongue.gif

2.0. i.n.c.h. *hint hint...nudge nudge*

`Supped' it up~

For me, whenever I get a new car (not that I have change so often), I would spent the money on the performance rather than the exterior and looks. Exhaust, air intake filter, oil casket, groundng wire. These are good value for money to performace ratio.

It makes the drive moreenjoyable.

I was eyeing the Ford Modena when it first came out.

Nice car!

It depends on the car really, I've never modified any of my previous cars before. This is the first time I bought a car & added on external bits to it.

For performance enhancements, I was thinking of getting one of those Digital controlled Tuning Boxes which plugs straight into the fuel pump harness. They claim up to a 25% increase in performance not to mention better driveability & smoother power delivery without affecting the existing parameters other than fuelling & delivery time. Hence warranty issues are avoided. The best part is, it's retrofittable.