tee

Musicalizer

Has anyone come across this new but actually not so new product called Musicaliser for headphone use. It is an invention from Japan, according to my market intelligence and it is available in limited supply here. I am trying to gather more info but if anyone knows, please share with us. wink.gif

Sounds like it's meant for sound coloration, right?

I guess it's has the same functionality as MF's X10D and Rameish's Analoguer then ...

possibly, but if it works on removing certain noise or EMI (electromagnetic interference), then i wouldn't say coloration will result. But let's see if we could get more info on this and Rameish's analoguer as well. wink.gif

Quote:

On the Orthospectrum Musicalizer ML-206: "... Distortion doesn't originate entirely from poor or dirty or AC lines, crisscrossed polarity, improperly grounded cables or airborne vibrations generated from your components. It occurs the moment your component receives an electrical impulse. Period," says Mr. Yoshihiko Akiba, Chief Counsel of Noise Reduction at Infra Noise Company Ltd., and designer of the infamous AR2000. Irrespective of tweaking time vested, price or complexity - distortion finds a way into our much-loved systems...

Mr. Akiba's Infra Noise Company Ltd. has, surprisingly, done it again. This time, however, the name is even stranger than the Ortho Spectrum Analogue Reconstructor AR2000. How fast can you say Ortho Spectrum Counter Electromotive Force Absorption Speaker Filter without biting your tongue? Mr. Akiba nicknamed it the ML-206 Musicalizer for short.

The ML-206 Musicalizer is a passive (patent pending) device that operates between one's amplifier and loudspeaker ... Who would've thought anyone could get this level of improvement by merely placing a black box on the end of his or her respective speaker cables (except MIT and Transparent)...? The folks at Infra Noise Ltd. hit the ball out of the park on this one...

Yes I still snicker when I say "Musicalizer," but now for entirely different reasons. These things work -- and in a big way...

If you use solid-state amps, like my GamuT, or a medium price tube system, then the Musicalizer filters are a must. If you have top-flight tube amps, like my VAC references or Koras', they're still worth a try. I ended up buying 4 pair and, as soon as I get my finances approval, I 'm going to order three more sets for my home theater. This component easily makes my Stereo Times Most Wanted Component Tweak of the Year!...

... I do know that with the Ortho Spectrum it sounds like I have an upgraded amp and speaker combo giving me the most believable, grain free and beautifully rendered music I've ever heard reproduced from my system. With audible improvements this remarkable I'm not letting go of these things...

Most significant to me was the added spatial detail that this little gizmo afforded. More depth, width, and even height, as well as better focus and much improved layering of images! The second thing that was most apparent and welcomed was an overall clarification of the presentation, reminiscent of that provided by using the Bedini Ultra Clarifier on a CD. I also noted what seemed like manifest itself as faster rise times from the bass through the upper midrange regions, allowing better resolution of bass lines, drum strikes, complex passages, etc. These little guys may look like a joke, but I assure you, they can be something special..."

[excerpted from the StereoTimes review that combined independent assessments from publisher Clement Perry and associate reviewers Greg Petan, Leon Rivkin, Alvester Garnett & Greg Weaver]

http://www.rtlaudio.com/html/europe/ml206.html

http://www.stereotimes.com/acc041402.shtm

No comment as I do not understand the tech aspect of this. For you tech guys, visit meier-audio.com and click on analoguer. It's not a hot selling product btw.

Thanks Rameish, it would be good if we could have a chance to listen thru' it. And compare with Ortho Spectrum's HML 230 (a variant of ML 206) which is designed strictly for headpho headphone.gif ne fans only. I think it's too new to have any reviews published at this moment. wink.gif

And also thanks to Oak for your superb tracking on the news and reviews in double quick time. May i know what search machine are you using for this niche prob ? yes.gifwink.gif

yes, you may want to talk to Kitazawa san to gather more info. He may even invite you to his place in Fifth Ave for an audition. Tel no. is 64638816 wink.gif

Thanks Oak. Will do it tomorrow. wink.gif

Refering to Northern Oak's quote,

I recall a guy who also raved about 1388's Bit88 and similarly, bought alot to add on to his already tokong ht...

Bit88 was a DSP enhancing tube buffer stage thingy. Its like a MF X10D + volume control + headphone out + DSP minus MF's X series chio casing.

Like subtle DSP within Microsoft's Media Player ... with tube sound?

Fish,

Do you think based on your equation, Bit88 could turn out to be a MF-CanV2's sound alike (less the look of course) ?

I just got it in the box but was too busy to try it. Maybe tonite...if Kylie does not arrive in time this evening wink.gif

Btw fish, are you referring to Bit88 or Musicaliser which is the main topic of this thread ?? wink.gif

tee,

Just commenting on that someone else did the same as the quoted reviewer but with Bit88.

Very hard to tell if the Musicalizer & bit88 are the same. Send me both i open up and tell u.

Chances are the musicalizer and bit88 might sound better and definitely wont do worse than the X-Cans. Dunno fi they sound alike.