Sign in to follow this  
kornilius

Help a newbie ?

bpribadi: RICH!... tongue.gif

egoh: thanks for the heads up dude, sis works @ adephi so i think it'd be pretty convenient if and when i wanna get 1. but wad im aiming for here is portability so this would be my last alternative. great purchase btw, the grados must sound real sweeeet grado.gif

Edited by kornilius

bpribadi: RICH!... 

Don't be like that lah... I'm not rich, just like to appreciate what technology has achieved wink.gif Anyway now you can imagine why I said ATH-EW9 sounds best for it's price range... Me, my bro, and my other 2 friends bought it because it sounds so good for the price yes.gif They didn't buy it at the same time, but they carefully listened to mine and compare with others before they bought it.

If you go with me to Hung Bros, surely you can try them, already good before burn in, not like the PX200.

If your 'sweet' same as my definition, then ATH-EW9 sounds sweeter than the Grados. The Grados sound more revealing with better detail, sometime harsh and offensive if they don't paired with good source and amp. The ATH-EW9 is sweeter, detail not as good as Grado, but you can even enjoy it when connected to a notebook headphone output. It makes lousy source sounds better, while the Grado will reveal all the flaw of the lousy source. So consider that.

Edited by bpribadi

bpribadi: RICH!... tongue.gif

egoh: thanks for the heads up dude, sis works @ adephi so i think it'd be pretty convenient if and when i wanna get 1. but wad im aiming for here is portability so this is would be my last alternative. great purchase btw, the grados must sound real sweeeet grado.gif

Sad to hear of your bad experience at Hung Bros. However, do not let your frustration cloud your better judgement. Try the SR60 with your iPod and also pay extra attention to ambient sound while listening to your portable rig. Grados are all open designs and especially prone to sound leakage and seepage of ambient noise.