Sign in to follow this  
kornilius

Help a newbie ?

Yes I'm able to get Beyer cans substantially cheaper but most are beyond your budget. There's a DT231 which comes in either pro or consumer (Galactic) versions. There;s no difference in performance, purely aesthetics. Prices are the same and I'm unable to get it cheaper than what Hung Bro offers for this model. Best for U to audition it there.

Galactic or consumer version

user posted image

Pro version

user posted image

FEATURES:

• Closed design

• Single-sided cable

• 3.5mm and 6.5 mm gold, jack adaptor

SPECIFICATIONS

Frequency response 20 - 18,000 Hz.

Nominal impedance 32 ohm

Nominal SPL 95 dB

Weight (w/out cable) 130 g

so to conclude...

FINAL list blush.gif :

senn px200 - good only after "burnt in"

ATH FC7 - not many reviews around.. mixed reactions, undecided

Sony Eggo MDR-D22SL - smaller brother of the acclaimed d66(would rather the d66 but its $157 over @ bluetin)

mods, ever consider making a sticky thread containing recommended cans of different price ranges ?? am sure it will help alot of pple, just a suggestion wink.gif

ATH FC7 - not many reviews around.. mixed reactions, undecided...

Why rely / waiting on other people opinions? I suggest you go to Hung Brothers at SLS 3rd floor, and try it there wink.gif

Trust your own ears ! yes.gif That what made me bought the ATH-EW9. I didn't know about it at all before I bought it, I just saw it at Hung Bros, looks nice, then I asked Douglas (from Hung Bros) to open one for me, then I pluged it into my PCDP. I found on the spot that it sounds good. After comparing with other headphones on the shop, I bought it. So at that time my ears are my only reference, and I'm glad I bought it headphone.gif

mods, ever consider making a sticky thread containing recommended cans of different price ranges ?? am sure it will help alot of pple, just a suggestion 

Not feasible as all recommendations will be subjected to one's taste and system. Remember, no product has an sbsolute superiority over another in all systems. That's what this and any forum is about; that's to share opinions and views in accordance to the thread starter's wants and haves.

Reviews may be helpful but U need to carry out your own leg and ear work to gauge for yourself.

Edited by Mackie

ATH FC7 - not many reviews around.. mixed reactions, undecided...

Why rely / waiting on other people opinions? I suggest you go to Hung Brothers at SLS 3rd floor, and try it there wink.gif

Trust your own ears ! yes.gif That what made me bought the ATH-EW9. I didn't know about it at all before I bought it, I just saw it at Hung Bros, looks nice, then I asked Douglas (from Hung Bros) to open one for me, then I pluged it into my PCDP. I found on the spot that it sounds good. After comparing with other headphones on the shop, I bought it. So at that time my ears are my only reference, and I'm glad I bought it headphone.gif

yeah im gonna be doing that, but im stilling waiting for the iPod rep to call me to go down and collect it.... so for the time being im seeking the opinions of others cool.gif never hurts to hear what other pple have to say.. happy.gif

It sounds like a good idea, to be used as a reference/guide only. Maybe just a list with (no review) of the well known favourites within their respective price ranges. However we do need to define the appropriate price ranges first.

The only thing is, it will be a generalised list based on a price category only & not taking into cosideration things like: the level of sound quality (which is subjective as mentioned before), closed/open design, cirum-aural/surpa-aural, full sized/clip on/earbuds/canalphones, durability, so on & so forth. I think it can be done as it will reduce the number of threads asking the same old question over & over again. That is, assuming people actually bother to search for these information first before posting. whistling.gif

It sounds like a good idea, to be used as a reference/guide only. Maybe just a list with (no review) of the well known favourites within their respective price ranges. However we do need to define the appropriate price ranges first.

The only thing is, it will be a generalised list based on a price category only & not taking into cosideration things like: the level of sound quality (which is subjective as mentioned before), closed/open design, cirum-aural/surpa-aural, full sized/clip on/earbuds/canalphones, durability, so on & so forth. I think it can be done as it will reduce the number of threads asking the same old question over & over again. That is, assuming people actually bother to search for these information first before posting. whistling.gif

well i did search the forums b4 posting this i SWEAR.. innocent.gif but yeah, i was thinking along the same lines.. maybe first start by dividing them according to their price range (<100 , <200 , <350 , 350+ ?) den proceed to sub-categorise them by type (full-size , canal , clip-ons etc.. ) i think this will be a good start already considering this would cater more to green horns rather den audiophiles.. cool.gif

well, went down to hung bros just now at abt 1-2pm... was served by the guy with the mustache... was all excited & took out my ipod ready to ask him if i could give the handphones(px200 or fc7) a go and he said no, no trying(gave me the headphone so cheap still wanna try kinda look)... shrugged and went off to do hes own thing(which was nothing basically.. just standing there)... wad really pissed me off was when he said no, i proceeded to ask him questions abt the headphones and he wasnt really interested in serving me or answering my questions anymore and there werent any pple in the shop... so i thought fuk it and walked off... mad

they may have the largest selection of headphones in sg, but with an attitude like that.. i wouldnt buy from them ever even if my life depended on it... mad.gif

i need some help from u guys now, where else can i go to purchase either a px200 or fc7 ? i dont even need to audition them, i just wanna try it on and see which 1 fits better.. wad an anti-climax, i was so looking forward to today... mad2.gif

Haha, seems like the mustacho guys strikes again, well he seems quite famous for pulling these kind of stunts...you'll get used to it. Anyway, the other place you can try is Jade Gift Shop, there's one at Shaw Tower, Beach Rd, and there's one at Century Square Tamines, prices are usually very if not quite competitive, and the uncle there usually much friendlier than Hung Bros...

thanks kenshinz, u mean other pple had run-ins with him as well ? ah well, really wanted to just get the fc7 from him and get the hell out of there just now, cheap @ $60 , but my conscience kept telling me not too... and i listened cool.gif

thanks anyways for the heads up on the jade gift shop.. will try and go down tmw if i can happy.gif

Probably next time (if any) you can ask for Douglas before you ask for any headphones tongue.gif

Sim Lim's Attitude yucky.gif

Edited by bpribadi

whos douglas btw ?? went all the way down to shaw tower today only to find the jade gift shop closed.. dry.gif .. went to have walkabout @ suntec as well... just so u guys know, went to courts, harvey norman & tower records... no headphones of interest at all... the hmv @ citylink also... my last chance would prolly give the "jade gift shop" another go on a weekday... if really bo pian, i will just plonk the extra money and get myself a grado sr-60... searching for headphones can be physically draining mellow.gif

Edited by kornilius

Saw a PX-100 at Challenger, Funan. Not sure if they have the PX-200 as well.

If you want to get the Grados, better hurry, as according to the guy there, there's a large influx of people buying Grados, mostly from sgheadphones..... probably all us lurkers. Just got my SR-80 on Saturday. party.gif

Might want to try Hung Bro's again and avoid Mr Mustache. I got my first set of headphones there, way before I knew that I knew nothing about them. Nice and sweet salesgirl (don't think her name was Douglas).... in fact.... don't think I was really hunting for headphones..... ($20+ Senn HD-25 is what I ended up with)

whos douglas btw ??

Well, I always meet him when I go Hung Bros, I think he is one of the owner. You can tell him that you are refered to him by somebody who (me and my friends) has bought 4 pcs of ATH-EW9... wink.gif