Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Panasonic SL-CT570

While I was out shopping this morning I chanced upon this well know PCDP in a large chain store. The asking price is B$275. How much does/did it cost in SG? Worth it to pick up you think or would a used D777 around slightly less money would be a better option?

The line out of D777 is pretty crappy. The headphones out is very good. So if you are using an amp the D777 would not be a very wise choice. If not using any amp, D777.

I probably would like to use both options. Heard the 570's line out is pretty good (has seperate analog & optical outs) & the headphone out is also not too shabby for a modern PCDP. Well, can't be any worse than my Sony D-EJ925.

the Ct570 costs about 200+ the last time i saw it in Singapore which is about 1-2 years back. I much prefer panasonics over sony generally for its reliabilty and slightly warmer sound. I haven't test CT570 or d777 intensively but I may have the chance in the near future. whistling.gif

If CT570 is a lower model than CT790, then I can surely say your price is expensive. I got the latter less than S$250 more than a year ago.

so what is the differences between Ct590 and 790 ?? anyone care to answer ? wink.gif

Sound wise I don't know the difference, but I'm impressed with the battery performance of my SL-CT810. I bought if for only around SGD 210.- in Jakarta. In Singapore it is around SGd 249.-. The battery last very very long.

For my taste, I agree with evil-zen, I also prefer Panasonic over Sony for warmer and thicker midrange (in general for PCDP).

The numbering system doesn't really say much about sound quality. That much we know from all the vintage PCDPs. It may be lower down but sometimes what you get is not better sound but more features or just better looks. I might actually audition it this weekend if I'm free or if it's still there.

Opps mackie i am sorry .. did not double check before i post !! w00t.gif

Ya N@Z i agree with you .. happy.gif

Ya n@z lets us know what you had heard if you going to try out laugh.gif

anyway my PCDP is as well as dead lol.giflol.gif

The CT810 one guy at SLS quoted me S$188 without warranty, S$230 with warranty.

Whoaa, that's a very good price (both) !!! w00t.gif