Sign in to follow this  
yongchris

Electrocompaniet no more

Just read in another forum that Electrocompaniet is no more.

the company went bust over a legal dispute that they lost.

http://www.zerogain.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5853

Those of you who have the CD players better hold on to them.

damn, that was going to be my upgrade for my CDP. been dreaming of owning one for some time now. *sigh*

I just gave a call to local agent High End Reference and they were totally kept in the dark as well! They also mentioned their new orders for 24/192 upsampling upgrades and other Electrocompaniet products have been delayed out of the norm.

Now I wish I have undertaken all the upgrades (passive/upsampling) for my cdp.

Barradio: U're a lucky fella!

Edited by Mackie

Never a dull moment. Sad to see another highly reputable company go the way of the dodo. On the bright side maybe the company that sued them might take over the name and provide after sales service and parts. They were afterall a main supplier to Electrocompaniet.

A glimmer of hope perhaps but a similar takeover of Audiolab by Tag Mclaren turned out to be quite a disaster where the new end products are concerned.

Barradio: U're a lucky fella!

Ahhh... still have the PSU to upgrade and the Spider to be added. no.gif

Hope that they sell the remaining stocks cheap cheap. w00t.gif

H-End Ref told me they don't carry out PSU ugrade, on;y upsampling upgrade. The Spider eludes Europe outside of Norway and USA. Fat hope for us in Asia.

That's bad news for me. I'm a fan of Electrocompanient Amps. Thinking of upgrading to AW250 in the future mellow.gif

Hey kakchun, welcome to our little community. Let's hope we don't pollute your mind with cans...........unless U choose to.

That's bad news for me. I'm a fan of Electrocompanient Amps. Thinking of upgrading to AW250 in the future mellow.gif

Hey kakchun, welcome to our little community. Let's hope we don't pollute your mind with cans...........unless U choose to.

Ha ha, I'm always polluted by you guys, first hifi, then vinyl, now cans. What to do, I'm prone to pollution. laugh.gif . Anyway don't have any headphone setup yet, waiting for my end-year bonus. haha rolleyes.gif

I'm curious.

The company has gone bankrupt, but resufaced under a new name.

Would the stuff under the old label be "cleared" at lower prices or because it's such a good brand, current stuff will get "raised" prices due to it's rarity or collectability?

I reckon all remaining products will be shipped to meet backlog of orders. I don't perceive it has a large inventory as all their goods were not manufactured in bulk and possibly just enough to meet demand/sales orders.