Sign in to follow this  
aaa

Anywhere to by Silver wire locally?

HGA charges a flat shipping rate for orders, and prices are determined by the service option that is selected. For international shipments, some high value orders will require that you select the FedEx Guaranteed service option.

International Global Priority Mail (7-14 days) $17.50

FedEx Global Express Courier Guaranteed (3-4 days) $49.95

lets say we mass buy 100 ft of the 22 AWG (no point buying smaller dia since price almost the same) Solid Fine Silver wire with clear Teflon coating at $1.85 per ft (for over 100ft), here are the cost,

1.85 * 100 + 17.5 = US$202.50

US$202.50 * 1.75 = S$354

that's S$3.54/ft

I don't own a credit card so it is not convinent for me to do the MO.

Maybe we do a check of what is the total demand at this price first so that we can know the possibility of a MO, start with me:

aaa 10ft

bpribadi 20 ft

any one interested pls add on to the list yourself.

any way 22G is about 0.6mm dia, anything smaller is not really preferred

Edited by aaa

The order's actually raised to 400ft.  A few other guys joined in my initial order of a 100 feet of the wire.  smoke.gif

oooou, I missed it!

can you or any of the the other guys take a little less so that can let me buy 10ft?

I'm sure not all of you will be using up all is the short term, maybe later can join the HGA MO for 22G (which i believe is more useful)?

Or can I trade 20m of Kester 62Sn/36Pb/2Ag 0.8mm dia(21G) (should be about 100+ grams) for 4m of that MO 24G silver wire?

Any taker?

oooou, I missed it!

can you or any of the the other guys take a little less so that can let me buy 10ft?

I'm sure not all of you will be using up all is the short term, maybe later can join the HGA MO for 22G (which i believe is more useful)?

Or can I trade 20m of Kester 62Sn/36Pb/2Ag 0.8mm dia(21G) (should be about 100+ grams) for 4m of that MO 24G silver wire?

Any taker?

That would depend on the other guys. I need mine for more projects. As it is, my production run has halted due to extremely limited quality silver wire left.

I won't be taking the silver solder. Heh... Still have an entire 1/2Kg of the Kester 36/62/2Ag not used anymore. I use Cardas Quad-eutectic & WBT silver solder, the other 2 guys in the order are not diyers and one of them already has Siltech Silver solder.

Wow, you all are really dedicated diyers. Somehow I don't get very excited over cables. I must be wacko.gif Maybe I'll change my mind after I auditioned whatever bpribadi builts with his silver cable. biggrin.gif

Edited by heady

I must be  Maybe after I auditioned whatever bpribadi builts with his silver cable. 

And that's gonna be loooonnggg time from now tongue.gif I just built 3 amps over the last 4 months, so enough for this year yawn.gif I want to rest for sometime, and spend time with my family yes.gif

Anyway I already have about 65% of the components for PPA clone, so surely I will make one, but it is just a matter of time wink.gif

I've just remember that this place sells silver wire but have never bought anything from them, as the shop is only by appointment. Don't try to visit the place on weekdays, seems the audio guy is there only on weekends. I've seen some uncle at the place selling odds and ends on weekdays. It's near Koba, in the HDB block beside OG.

http://www.ahfartaudio.com/

yap...Roberts runs the shop only by appointment..on Sat/ Sundays....

the guy had been in the DIY industies for more than 10 years....

i bought his copper OCC more than 20 metres...

my comment: very good for internal speaker wires.,

by the way : the silver occ that he sells is around 16~17bucks per/meter (if i can remember correctly),

if u guys plan a visit there , count me in.... and be prepared urself on the wonderful world

of "fullrange" speakers and low power tube gears laugh.gif .....

I'm in.. but these weeks I'm very tight no.gif . Probably end of the month or next month is a good time for me yes.gif

AhFartAudio quoted for the silver and copper wire respectively:

>>We have the silver OCC 24 AWG for $16/m. Copper OCC 20AWG $2.4/m

So, it is about the same with the Homegrown silver wire, the difference is, we can buy less.

Bpribadi, don't forget, not need to wait for shipping. I am interested in the plain old copper stuff. Silver's too rich for me biggrin.gif Let's see when we can go...

Edited by heady

aaa, why not we try the one from AhFart Audio? We can buy just a few meter for the time being. Heady is also interested.