Sign in to follow this  
papaya86

need advice on interconnects

i need a good mini to mini and a rca to rca interconnect, im recommended by a diyer the following

3.5mm to 3.5mm,use golden plated stereo jack,CANARE professional cable. - sing dollar 60

RCA to RCA,use golden plated RCA plug,ATH professional cable(for studio,red color) - sing dollars 60

may i know if they are good? are there any other better substitutes for its price range? thanks alot

I do have a 1m pair of interconnects to sell at $32. PM me if you're interested.

Cable: Canare L-4E6S. Quad-conductor with shield.

Configuration: 2 conductors each for signal and return. Shield connected to ground on one end only.

Termination: Soldered with Cardas Quad-eutectic silver solder.

Connectors: Neutrik RCA's (Black) with gold-plated contacts.

The cable:

user posted image

The RCA plugs:

user posted image

Neutrik's proprietry cable clamping strain-relief:

user posted image

Nice cable Firefox! party.gif On which end do you terminate the shield to the ground? On the source or amp end?

Thanks!

I reckon like some receipes for power cords, the ground (not earth but shield ground) is usually lifted on the input end of equipment ie amp end.

Edited by Mackie

Nice cable Firefox! party.gif On which end do you terminate the shield to the ground? On the source or amp end?

Thanks!

I did not specify which end is for the source or amp.

I did however, ground the shield on the end where the wording on the cable starts. As long as the cables are used with wordings on both going in the same direction, that's fine.

Whether the terminated point is used at the source or amp is up to user preferences.