Sign in to follow this  
snr

Group Buy High End Alessandro/Grado MS-2 Aluminium

I have found a dealer that can give lower price than the Alessandro offer. The normal price is $299. The dealer is taiwanese and they only accept wire transfer at the moment. Hopefully, we can get the headphone by the mid of December. No limits for the headphone purchase but not quite sure about the custom duty. Anyone can chimming in on our custom tax procedure?

if those imported goods declared value above 400$ then got to pay GST 5% of total purchase value...., and probably DHL/Fedex will charge u.. around $10 to clear custom.

A word of warning, after paying the GST, make sure you keep the receipt, do not throw it away or lose it. I once paid GST by cash for a DHL delivery and happily threw away the receipt. a couple of months later DHL started sending me letters asking me to pay the GST I owe them. I was unable to prove that I had in fact paid up. As a matter of principle, I ignored their repeated reminder letters for more than 6 months and only paid up when they got a debt collector to call me. I figured I at least owe them at much. tongue.gif

The GST was for a delivery in Feb 02 and I finally paid up in Dec 02. tongue.gif

So remember, keep the receipt if you do not want to pay GST twice.

Edited by av98m