tee

Tuners / Radios

Kicking-off this for those who would like to share their experience and views on enjoying music straight from the air.... wink.gif

this is actually the main way i enjoy my SR60

of course there are some stations with better reception [&more bearable aoustics]

but sometimes they dont play the music i like

now i listen a lot to stations that may not provide the sound quality but are good on the song quality [of course in my opinion only]

92.8 for its dance mixes [i often record them to my pc [ok the sound ain't great but i get to enjoy them on my bus rides],

99.5 for its great jazz [i'm still learning],

91.3 for its imported dance programmes and mixes,

89.7 for its sunday rock show on 2pm [even though its in malay, which i don't really understand],

88.9 for the generally unbias news & john peel show

lol.. I use my philips mini compo for that purpose

93.3 - chinese songs!!

class 95 - all time favourite

and ocassionally 88.9fm or power 98 fm

When I was still in hi-fi infancy portable radio was my main mode for enjoying music. As a teenager I spent late nights tuning into far off land stations on my grand pappy's MW/LW tuner happy.gif . Studying abroad I used my trusty Sony portable radio for late night listening & helped broaden my listening taste too. Best way to enjoy music for free. Any recommendations for good sounding tuners? Besides the Tivoli that is! How about older gear?

I am interested to get a good tuner ...

but I think listening it off my mini compo is much better.. dun need to wear the headphone all the time laugh.gif

I m using a NAD C440 tuner. It got warm sound and dialogue sound very "live" and "real" through creek amp and senn 600.

However, I mainly use the tuner for spk setup. It sounds plain directly into the amp, the sound got open up using the EQs through the Yamaha EQ7.