Wicked

Any good phones under $120 for pop music?

Yo~! Can anyone recommend me some headphones good for pop musix? I have already owned the PX200 and Eggos D22 and D66 tongue.gif ... but they seemed to be lacking in some way dry.gif ...

Preferably, the headphones should run well unamped and on PC...

Hehe... actually, I've got Grado SR60 and the Sony MDR-7506/V6 in mind... but where in Singapore can I get the V6s!??!?!?!?!??! blink.gif

sony major retail outlet has them, even the V8(I think) at sls. But price is quite steep..

I see that you already own 2 cans that are in 100 dollars range, that is px200 and eggo d66.

In my opinion, you should sell these if you are not using them(for portable).Then use the money to pump more into your budget.

This way, you will have a much nicer cans. What you are doing is jumping around in the same price range by having several headphones at around same qualities.

With that, I would recommend the grado sr-80 or even the 125 if you want to go for the open. Or, beyer dt250-80 if you decide to go closed.

The beyer is selling at hung bros for like ..$260?

Main thing is , get rid of the few and concentrate into building a much better headphone.

Grados are very well suited for pop, rock and anything with infectious and overtly obvious bass beats.

The sonys wouldn't sound as good plugged into un-amped portable sources.

Agree with Guyferd. Sell and concentrate on a better headphone. Of course you can audition the Grados at my place and place an order if you like them or MBD.

Call to make an appointment as I'm not always in - 97762087

You didn't mention what source you are using & we're assuming you don't have an amplifier for your headphones yet. Should you still like to keep your current headphones which I think is pretty good in it's price range. How about acquiring an amp or upgrading your source (CD player etc). As it is the recommendations made by others here are also valid but I'd advice you to look into the other links in the music chain. I believe pop music nowadays are pretty well recorded especially from bigger stars... like Kylie! HYUK!

Get a good cdp or a good pcdp first. u HPs will sound better and later get HP amp and u HPs will sound even better. This is assuming that u gears currently own or to be purchased matches each other. tongue.gif

Audition both the V6 and Grado SR-60 at my place with and without amplification then you can decide on what you want to do.

I concur, As a rule of thub get the source first, thenyou might want to get both the amp and headphones together (to match for system synergy). So CDP 1st, Amp 2nd, HP 3rd.

Happy Listening

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... wacko.gif I can't afford those... I'm just a student now. I guess it will take me a couple of months to save a bit more... btw I usually use my minidisc portable and PC to listen to music... guess it's pretty bad source... no point getting extremely good stuff.

Edited by Wicked

You could always start with a nice portable CD player (PCDP) with a line out so you could add an amp in the future. Unless you MD portable already has one.