Sign in to follow this  
mmatrix

Shure e5c are waterproof!

I just took my shure e5c out of the washing machine. It still works! Came out sparkly clean.. No defects on the audio output 'yet'... However, my mp3 player broke down.. mad.gif

Hey... Even the Sony EX70 is waterproof. Accdentally left it in my pocket and when it dried out, it was still working perfectly.

PS : My white EX70 just became 'whiter' after the machine wash. whistling.gif

blink.gif  blink.gif  lucky u... the E5C $1000++ right

Should be $800+ IIRC. Anyhow still not the best thing to leave in the washing machine... But you might just have discovered another function of the E5's! happy.gif

Edited by Absolute0

This is an extreme TEST.. It bring to me something i notice when i watch JAY CHOU DVD concert, he is wearing the E5C too and he was like sweating like hell while dancing and singing. I notice he keep on adjusting the Shure i beilieve it doesn't stay on the ear that wear under sweating.

And I thought Jay should be rich enough to afford a few Sensas/UEs! Perhaps he deliberately didn't get a tight fit as he wanted to hear the audience better?

Heh, reminds me of the time I left my IBM thumbdrive in the washing machine.....twice ohmy.gif after the 1st time, I was left with just the naked circuit board cos the outer casing cracked...well it finally gave up the ghost soon after the 2nd time innocent.gif

could be if you are using the flanges, the trapped air inside the drivers are preventing the water from going it. I don't think it's waterproof though. I don't even like the idea of wearing my e5 in the rain...