Sign in to follow this  
PVD

got my shure e2c

The shop is in Tokyo, if you read idkfa's previous post.

H340 for 600$....pretty good price...

IMHO, iRiver is way above iPod, even function wise is much betta.YMMV

idkfa, u work/study in Japan?

Sorry to thread-jack.

I am studying in japan but currently on holiday in singapore. biggrin.gif

Well, I think the iRiver's are pretty much above the ipods too but yesteday I received an ipod from a friend on loan, darn, the sleekness really impressed me.

And I must say that the ipod drives the ampless etys er-4s pretty well. I am impressed.

Well, $600 for the H340 is only offered in japan because of the highly competitive electronic wars. When I first got mine, i paid $700 for it. But since, it's has fallen sharply.

Edited by idkfa

H340 for 600$....pretty good price...

IMHO, iRiver is way above iPod, even function wise is much betta.YMMV

idkfa, u work/study in Japan?

Sorry to thread-jack.

I am studying in japan but currently on holiday in singapore. biggrin.gif

Well, I think the iRiver's are pretty much above the ipods too but yesteday I received an ipod from a friend on loan, darn, the sleekness really impressed me.

And I must say that the ipod drives the ampless etys er-4s pretty well. I am impressed.

Well, $600 for the H340 is only offered in japan because of the highly competitive electronic wars. When I first got mine, i paid $700 for it. But since, it's has fallen sharply.

hi idkfa,

just would like to know if you play the same mp3 on both the IPOD and your H340, which one sounds better when u listen to it using the same set of ear or headphones ?

well, today I was meddling with the ipod and first thing i found out was that the ipod can really drive the etymotic er-4s. Full vol on vol on the iRiver probably was a 90% vol on the ipod.

Using the shure E5c on the ipod somewhat made it sound a little muddy. iRiver gave me a more balanced high(trebel), which of course sounds better to me cos I'm a treblehead.

Detail and sound resolution on the iRiver is better when squared off with normal modes on both players. (iRiver=normal mode) (iPod=EQ off mode) But then if you take some time to meddle with the tons of EQ presets in ipod, you'll prob find something that suits you.

Don't want to go into details but basically the ipod has a neutral flat sound that drives phones pretty good, while the iRiver sounds better(for my ears) but not so much oomph to power my phones.

Talking about the Ipod, does anyone knows whether the Ipods sold in Singapore are similar to the Euro or US version. Understand that the Euro version has its output reduced due to a law in France. However, there is a hack out there for it.