mairltk

PCDP repairs?

Hi all! I'm a n00b member and have just signed up. I'd like to know where I can get my d-15 fixed. Its got no problems whatsoever except its missing a small plastic gear. I tried to order the entire motor assembly from sony's service center in Haw Par tech centre and i was SO happy when the clerk proceeded to type in my order only to tell me a second later that sony has stopped manufacturing the parts...

is there Any hope whatsoever of getting my d-15 working? (i got it from a flea market)

it plays cds fine. i can make it play by manually moving the laser assembly with a small screwdriver....with the player upside down and opened up..

i have a d-303 too (same flea market) but that one's in a very bad shape.. doesn't play anything. i put in the batteries and there is no spinning..i really dunno wats wrong with it. and when i opened it up, one of the soldered parts broke and came off. its not a matter of simply soldering it back...the part broke in two with the other half stuck to the pcb....

i also have a d-311 which is not working either. i discovered that the battery had leaked and there was green stuff all over the battery leads and the parts/pcb around the battery compartment.

Please help me get these units working again!!

Edited by mairltk

Does the costs for the repairs justify getting a new deck? If you are really pressed for the parts, perhaps when i go back to japan, I can try to source it for you. Just give me the part number. No gurantees though! tongue.gif

You have quite a few vintage PCDPs there. Did you ask if the technical centre could repair them for you? Or perhaps you could try out the more reliable electrical repair shops?

idkfa (nice doom1/2 reference..?): Hey..has the Sony repair centre been moved to Isetan? Or is it still at Haw Par Technocentre? I went to the Haw Par Technocentre place to buy some replacement parts last time. Now I'm not sure if its still there...anyone knows?

Thanks for the offer! I'll try to coerce the part numbers from the clerk...

Absolute0: I haven't approached the technical centre for help yet. Since the price they quoted for "equipment that have been opened" is 3x the normal repair rate...

I don't know any electrical repair shops...let alone a reliable one! Any to recommend?

Hi all!!

I have managed to get information on the parts...the "small plastic gear" I'm looking for has the following details:

Part Number: 4-921-292-01

Description: GEAR (B)

There! The Sony Service Center told me that this part is obsolete and that Sony is no longer manufacturing it. Talk about tough luck...

Hope some corner shop somewhere in Japan still has stock...

Oh yeah, there is the accompanying washer/stopper to hold the gear in...

Part Number: 3-315-384-11

Description: WASHER, STOPPER

Edited by mairltk