matbon0013

Headsave META Mint has landed

HEADSAVE META Mint The 2nd TAKE

Long term listening with Ety's 4S + NiMH batteries

My log on running in the Mint was around 25-28 hours battery life (GP NiMH's)

at moderate listening levels at 10 o'clock volume setting.

Sound quality as it should be in the first half of battery charge but towards the latter part until fully discharged the sound begins to degrade, severe distortion in the upper mid. Excessive sibilance in vocals and very muddled mid range.

Not very desirable for more than 10hours NiMh battery, it is now apparent that the Mint is Voltage dependent, these baby needs linear power to work properly hence my urgency to get the Plainviews 9v batteries.

Regards

Mat

That's nothing, with GPs my Meta I can only use for a few hours straight then the amp cuts out completely with no sound but the LED light is still on. I can prolong the life by using 2 used batteries in series (Twin 9V outboard battery pack).

Nice site, Tigger is very enterprising. His website is simple yet informative. His prices reflects the component specification he uses. Otherwise it certainly looks good value. Mat you mentioned he (can) ship plainviews with every order? Didn't see it mentioned.

I particularly like this one...

user posted image

Edited by N@Z

Tigger emailed me about it before when I inquired about the Mint. Plus on Head-Fi's Plainview thread some did mention that they ordered thier amps with Plainviews 9v! wink.gif

Did you get a chance to place the order for the Plainviews already?