Sipher

headphone amp for pc

Details Here

saw this at hwz.

Qoute from site:

"The PowerPak is the world's first completely USB-powered and USB-controlled headphone amplifier. The device takes digital audio and converts it to an analog signal. It then amplifies the audio specifically for headphone usage. The PowerPak's small size takes up very little space on your desktop, and its lightweight and rugged construction makes it ideal for transporting anywhere. The PowerPak easily connects to any Mac or PC computer with a USB 1.1 port and will run your digital audio files using your existing audio software."

post-2-1054902251.jpg

Edited by Sipher

well..i have tried to search for some reviews but couldn't find any.

i guess this is still new.

Offer is not bad! Considering I just bought my META Mint for USD90 shipped...

Would be interesting to read the review

I am not sure of digital amplifier

coz not many are using them. But I suspect they are not as good as the normal amp. Not sure.. better wait for review. If there is no review, we can come to a conclusion that it is a rip-off wink.gif

Well, there is a link on the hardwarezone page that has a review of it. However the reviewer did say that there's some back ground noise (I think he said static hiss) when playing music. Quite possibly due to unstable power supply from the USB link (it does not require an external power supply). In his opinion, there is a better unit out there:

http://www.stereo-link.com/stereolink.stor...779e271e424d361

But this costs more and requires an external power supply.

I think someone on Head-fi did get one of these and modded it. Changed the amp inside to a META42 and added a dc power source I believe...

If I recall correctly there was a comment made on Head-Fi something concerning the output from a USB which is not powerful in the first place for audiophile quality sound. Can't remember where the actual link is will post it if I find it later.