Sign in to follow this  
dreamie

Earmolds for ER6i

Hi all!

Does anyone have any idea how to get custom earmolds made for the ER6i? Quite keen on getting a pair made... Found Sensaphonics (http://www.sensaphonics.com/etymotic.html) but it seems that they are Chicago based and didn't list the locations of their "international network of licensed audiologists".

Anyone have any idea on the cost?

Have anyone have their impressions made and sent to the labs to make earmolds? How is it? The end product seems 'cleaner' than those on Ultimate Ear's webby... laugh.gif

Cheers! happy.gif

This pair of custom earphones are much better than the Ety.

http://www.ultimateears.com/UE-10_PRO.htm

Wait till you see THE PRICE for this one! By the way, you still have to factor any US$100 into the cost of getting a audiologist to your house to make a custom mould of your ear!

But the sound is really very good!

Yeah! Got the idea of custom earmolds from UE. laugh.giflaugh.gif

go to local audiologist or contact etymotic, am sure u can get molds done locally without being expensive.

i got molds done in au at my local audiologist, took a few days and didnt cost much at all.

My friend enquired about getting an ear mould done in sg for his er-9 earplugs with etymotic but was told that there was no known audiologist in sg. So i guess no luck for us here in sg?

My friend enquired about getting an ear mould done in sg for his er-9 earplugs with etymotic but was told that there was no known audiologist in sg. So i guess no luck for us here in sg?

I don't think that's true. There are audiologists in SG but whether they are in the private sector I don't know. There is a hearing aid practitioner in Eastpoint at Simei, at least the last time I looked he's there. So, he can do this if you want it done. I wouldn't know about the charges though.

Thanks for the info.. will check up on eastpoint since its in the east and nearby.

also consider just getting the earmolds fitted then sending to an etymotic mold centre.

altho im sure there are places to get the whole lot done in sg. plenty of musicians and even more old people wink.gif ety's two primary markets wink.gif

Sweet!!

Q00, do update us on it... laugh.gif

skyskraper, just curious, how much did those earmolds cost you in au?

Was wondering if the earmolds could be made locally, with the 'ring' at the center to plug into the etys. biggrin.gifhappy.gif

i have seen someone got theirs in those shops, here are some pics i know. but all of them are just for ER4

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

i have seen someone got theirs in those shops, here are some pics i know. but all of them are just for ER4

Wow!! Do you have more details and the cost of it? Perhaps they could make one for ER6...

Thanks, and CHEERS!! happy.giflaugh.gif

so far as i know, they obtained them from audiologists privately at price about less than 40 in SG dollars. but i don't think the sound and the quality are good enough, especially for u guys.