Sign in to follow this  
pipee

Gilmore GS-1

I hope you do know that it's a reduced version of the Dynalo... The PSU in that is a standard LM317/337 power supply, not the dual-tracking, double regulated supply as designed by Dr. Gilmore.

pipee, may be you can drop by my place and have a listen on different version of Gilmore amp by digi01, it really rocks... and in my opinion better than the Gilmore V2 i have heard.

huang yong regarding digi01's lc king, recently a problem surfaced. sometimes when i plug in my headphone into the jack, there will be a static sound, i will have to plug in and out a number of times, then the static will go away, may i know what problem is this? and also everytime i pull my headphone plug out of the jack, there will be thin little metal pieces (i don't know what it is it looks like metal) sticking onto the headphone plug, it seems to be that the jack is peeling, could it be the contact is not good enough, thus causing the static noises? thanks

huang yong regarding digi01's lc king, recently a problem surfaced. sometimes when i plug in my headphone into the jack, there will be a static sound, i will have to plug in and out a number of times, then the static will go away, may i know what problem is this? and also everytime i pull my headphone plug out of the jack, there will be thin little metal pieces (i don't know what it is it looks like metal) sticking onto the headphone plug, it seems to be that the jack is peeling, could it be the contact is not good enough, thus causing the static noises? thanks

Sounds like a cheap jack was used - replace it with a better one.

pipee, may be you can drop by my place and have a listen on different version of Gilmore amp by digi01, it really rocks... and in my opinion better than the Gilmore V2 i have heard.

so you have solved the heat issue? or are you listening in 30 minute sessions? wink.gif

As far as I know, I am the only one with a Gilmore V2 in Singapore. But I don't understand how you can compare an amp you've heard half a year ago, in a less than ideal environment with at most 10 minutes with unfamiliar cables and source. There are too much variables here and I am not even mentioning about auditory memory......