Sign in to follow this  
heady

Altoid sweets in tins

For those diy enthusiasts looking for Altoid tins in SG, my wife just told me Mustafa supermarket stocks them. Not sure about the price though. I was also told that Metro in Causeway Point had them too.

The CMOY2 fits into an Altoid tin but with only one 9volt battery and the pot off the PCB.

HEADY: I've just found ANOTHER place which sells Altoids abundantly and cheaper too (3.90). Go to your nearest LIBERTY supermarket. I bought one cinnamon and one wintergreen.

And the CMOY2 WITH volume pot can fit into an Altoid tin. The lid cannot be fully closed, but can be closed to the extend that it can be held close without aid.

PICS(its not pretty but it works, the few "extra holes" are cause by dumb mistakes, I'll re-case it when I can)!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Username

Hi Username,

I use a Dremel tool with a round stone grinding wheel in it, but I don’t see why you can’t just use a small ½ round file.

The one thing I would say is that the red paint is very thin, so I always cover it with masking tape for protection.

As you see by the pictures you don’t have to remove much metal to get it to close.

Alan.

Edited by ginettaman

Good pics, ginettaman. How about a pic of the inside of the amp? happy.gif

Good idea ginettaman. I believe yours is a classic Cmoy with pot. The pot can also be used as an on off switch. wink.gif

Hi Username,

I use a Dremel tool with a round stone grinding wheel in it, but I don’t see why you can’t just use a small ½ round file.

The one thing I would say is that the red paint is very thin, so I always cover it with masking tape for protection.

As you see by the pictures you don’t have to remove much metal to get it to close.

Alan.

Pic 1

Pic 2

nice tin there, any idea where to get them here in singapore?

Sorry, I think I may have confused things.

I was explaining to Username just to notch the lid of the Altoids tin so it would close.

My Cmoy is the Classisc Cmoy as Jasonhanjk says.

post-12-1112560275.gif

Edited by ginettaman

hi mirage, if you start reading from the first post, you would have found out the answer to your question. happy.gif

hi mirage, if you start reading from the first post, you would have found out the answer to your question. happy.gif

user posted image

i was refering to the zippos found in the picture above.... you only mentioned where to get the altoids rite? Cos the zippo tin looks really good..

Edited by mirage

Sorry, mirage. To get Zippo tin, I guess you have to buy the Zippo.

You can buy the tins on there own, but unfortunately I live in the UK.

If anyone really did want one I can get them and send them over, dont know how much the airmail would be ?