Sign in to follow this  
gfgfmoses

Jesus!!My ER4P break down....

I think it helps a little if you coat the stem with a little virgin oil of lubricant to keep it not so frictional. That is if you take them out to clean often. For me, i just pull out the top of the flanges, not touching the stem if possible.

Yeah, must be careful when changing the filter or tips. Or will they spoil regardless??

Only time will tell. But I don't think etymotic research has such abominable quality issues.

Edited by Absolute0

I've my 4S for like 2 years already. Used them everyday without fail and removed the tips countless times but still appear fine to me. Changed the filter once only though. For the abuse they went through, i am amazed they still hold up very well.

I guess it is more of a batch problem. My pair is very ancient (serial 4XXX)!

Good for you. Apparently this cracking of the tubes seems to happen predominently in the Ety series. Have not heard of it happening in the Shure series before.

have heard about many split things for Er4p these days, but never think about it gonna happen on me~

it just a tiny split next to the combination line, even hard to see. but i think i can feel that coz the left one sounds like a little dark...

how can i survive without u~~

Oh no...sorry to hear that no.gif I must be extra careful now!

Hmmm....mine is the ER-4P serial no 8xxxxx. unsure.gif

then just be careful la....have sent mine back to them today, cost me S$50 for the EMS fee (supposed to be arrived in 2-4 days) wacko.gifwacko.gif

Well you have to pay more since you chose a faster shipping service.

Mine is 5XXXX and working fine despite the "abuse". Not sure about shure, but I believe the construction is less vulnerable to such a problem.

Hmmm....mine is the ER-4P serial no 8xxxxx.  unsure.gif

then just be careful la....have sent mine back to them today, cost me S$50 for the EMS fee (supposed to be arrived in 2-4 days) wacko.gifwacko.gif

Thanks for the update. Hope your Ety'll be back in health soon! whistling.gif

it just remind me a song by elvis costello, "she".... unsure.gif

waiting for the good news...

it finally comes back to me with the split one replaced by serial no. started with 9~~~~

oops no.gif

wish its the last time i mail something back to them~

Hmmm....mine is the ER-4P serial no 8xxxxx.  unsure.gif

S$50 for shipping it back?

Did you choose to send it in a parcel instead of padded envelope?

I think you can get a small parcel sent via FedEx for that price..

it finally comes back to me with the split one replaced by serial no. started with 9~~~~

oops no.gif

wish its the last time i mail something back to them~

Why are you so upset? I thing it's quite impossible to repair the cracked tube so the only way is to replace it with a new one.

Did they change both or just one side? It's a little strange to get one side burned in and the other new. mellow.gif